Goblin 570 First Build

I’m building a goblin 570 sport, I have bk Mini Servo DS-5001HV and bk Multi Size Tail Servo DS-7005HV right now and I’m looking at Scorpion HKIV-4025-1100KV motor and scorpion esc. I know they have to match each other but don’t know what esc to get that will work with everything and not fail. Any help will be greatly appreciated

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm a big fan of Hobbywing esc. As for motors, I'm a big fan of Xnova motors. They run cooler then the Scorpion motors. Just my :2c:

I’ve been looking at xnova motors too and have been looking at different esc too, I’m definitely going high end on this, it is my first build so it’s just a little ruff figuring what size esc to get that’ll work with everything

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well if your looking into high end motors and esc, you should wait til Geena tucker or Smoggie to chime in. They both own high end birds.

I’m definitely listening to all the help I can get because I definitely don’t want this to wreck do to electronics not talking to each other

Smoggie

Xnova are excellent motors, can’t go wrong there. If you want high end then Kontronik Pyros are excellent too.
For ESCs Hobbywing Platinum, Scorpion Tribunus and Kontronik Jive are all great.

the SAB manuals usually have good suggestions

Xnova are excellent motors, can’t go wrong there. If you want high end then Kontronik Pyros are excellent too.
For ESCs Hobbywing Platinum, Scorpion Tribunus and Kontronik Jive are all great.

the SAB manuals usually have good suggestions
Which kontronik motor and esc do you recommend

Smoggie

For Kontronik motors the Pyro 650-620 (for 12S) or Pyro650-1030 (for 6S). I really like Kontronik motors, all made in Germany, the quality is top notch.

On the Kontronik ESC range the new Kolibri is a good option. Kolibri 140HV-I (for 12S or 6S) is complete overkill but very nice. Alternatively the Kolibri 90HV-I ( for 12S) or the 140LV-I for (for 6S only). Be warned though, they aren't cheap! You could also can use the Jive Pro range, as per list shown below from the manual.

The manual gives some typical motor and ESC choices. You dont necessarily have to match motor and ESC brands. Note that the manual was written prior to the Kolibri being released, otherwise I'm sure it would list it.:
ScreenHunter_07 May. 10 10.39.jpg

Last edited:

leedude1

Thats the excat purchase Ive just made (570 sport) as well. I doing a super slow build on it. Only working on it on Monday evenings. I didnt go high end but here's what Ive purchased for it. According to my research, this will be more than fine across the board for my flying. This will allow for the 12s set up down the line if I choose with little or minor adjustments (Im going to run 6s on it)

SET UP :

FBL = Ar7210BX
ESC = Castle Creations Talon 120 HV with 20 A BEC
SERVOS = 3X KST-BLS915V2
Tail servo = TORQ BLS0704T Full Size HV Brushless Rudder Servo
Motor = Scorpion 4025-1100

Gonna leave the rest stock with the 21T pulley as purchased because it appears to be what is needed at this stage with the headspeed range I'm looking to fly 2300 ish max and will look to tweak once first tested there rather than change things up front.

For all intents and purposes this should be more than enough and not over tax anything in the system for my flight style.

Thank you, I’m definitely going kontronik kolibri 140 and looking at the kontronik pyro 650-103 competition motor, I already have bk servos and looking at the vbar neo vlink but I’m a little lost when it comes to batteries

Smoggie

Thank you, I’m definitely going kontronik kolibri 140 and looking at the kontronik pyro 650-103 competition motor, I already have bk servos and looking at the vbar neo vlink but I’m a little lost when it comes to batteries

That will be a killer setup.

As for batteries......Is there a reason for going with 6S ? It is more convenient to run a single pack, but most people if putting together an high-end 'no compromises' build would go for 12S

That will be a killer setup.

As for batteries......Is there a reason for going with 6S ? It is more convenient to run a single pack, but most people if putting together an high-end 'no compromises' build would go for 12S
This is my first build and definitely not holding back on getting top end items. The difference between 6s and 12s is the head speed is not? If I was going to do 12s what would you recommend

Smoggie

This is my first build and definitely not holding back on getting top end items. The difference between 6s and 12s is the head speed is not? If I was going to do 12s what would you recommend

To some extent. yes, the 12S setup will allow more headspeed without 'bogging' under load. Also in hard flying a single 6S pack could struggle to meet the load. A lot of hard 3D flyers report 'puffing' their batteries with a heli of the size of the 570 when flying on 6S. For more moderate flying though 6S is perfectly ok so that may still be your best option depending on what sort of flying you aspire to, please dont feel I'm pushing you into going 12S.

All the brands previously mentioned are good for a 12S setup. You just need the 'HV' version of the ESC and lower kV motor. The table I attached above shows some options. For batteries you would be looking for two x 6S packs that you connect together in series. Size in the range 2700 to 3300mAh

To some extent. yes, the 12S setup will allow more headspeed without 'bogging' under load. Also in hard flying a single 6S pack could struggle to meet the load. A lot of hard 3D flyers report 'puffing' their batteries with a heli of the size of the 570 when flying on 6S. For more moderate flying though 6S is perfectly ok so that may still be your best option depending on what sort of flying you aspire to, please dont feel I'm pushing you into going 12S.

All the brands previously mentioned are good for a 12S setup. You just need the 'HV' version of the ESC and lower kV motor. The table I attached above shows some options. For batteries you would be looking for two x 6S packs that you connect together in series. Size in the range 2700 to 3300mAh
12s definitely sounds better, I definitely don’t want a battery puffing or possibly bursting on me, are venom batteries good?

Smoggie

I've not used Venom so cant really comment. I mainly Fly Revolectrix packs these days but they have to be imported from Singapore, which is a pain. Other guys in the USA might be better to advise on brands available locally.

Surprisingly one brand that usually comes out top in independent testing is the Hobbyking 'Graphene Panther' range: Turnigy Graphene Panther 3000mAh 6S 75C Battery Pack In all the testing i've seen these batteries outperform all the usual high end brand names. They are a bit heavier than most packs, but that's the trade-off for very high performance.

I've not used Venom so cant really comment. I mainly Fly Revolectrix packs these days but they have to be imported from Singapore, which is a pain. Other guys in the USA might be better to advise on brands available locally.

Surprisingly one brand that usually comes out top in independent testing is the Hobbyking 'Graphene Panther' range: Turnigy Graphene Panther 3000mAh 6S 75C Battery Pack In all the testing i've seen these batteries outperform all the usual high end brand names. They are a bit heavier than most packs, but that's the trade-off for very high performance.
Can I just use a 12s pack since most are 2 6s connected together

Top Bottom