380/420 Goblin 380 pitch

Scottymize

Having issues getting equal pitch up and down. Perfect 0 degrees at mid stick. about 2 degrees different from top to bottom. Any idea's? servo ball placement? Manual calls for 13-15 mm out from shaft. Mine are at 13. Thoughts?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:welcome1:to the forum. Can you provide some more info like what kind of electronics you have on this bird :).

Scottymize

:welcome1:to the forum. Can you provide some more info like what kind of electronics you have on this bird :).
Hi!. Thanks for the Welcome!. Goblin 380, IKON 2, BK3001HV servos on cyclic. Setup on Spektrum DX9. Heli has Quantum motor with Castle Edge 75 ESC.

Geena

Staff member
The first thing I would check, is that your servos are all properly centered. If they are off a little, it could cause unequal pitch. I don`t know if IKON has this feature. But in Bavarian demon, you can make slight adjustments in the transmitter`s end point for pitch to equal it out (provided it`s only a degree or two) without changing the mid stick zero.

We really do need a little more information though, to be able to pinpoint the issue for you. But the first place I would start, is checking the servo centering.

Scottymize

I believe I have pinpointed the issue. I will test fly today and update. Post a couple pics as well to explain. It seems I had forgotten the very basic principal of heli setup. LEVEL the helicopter. From the start, I never liked the Goblin 380 landing "feet" on the back. I wanted a more conventional landing gear setup . I installed a set of aftermarket landing gear on the bird. The landing gear has a more tail high, nose down stance. I setup the heli on the bench this morning and leveled out the main shaft. (about a 1/4" block under the front of the landing gear.) I went through the setup again and I am within .4 degrees of equal pitch and cyclic. I had tried moving the servo balls in one hole and out one hole and no change. besides, the geometry just looked all wrong dong that, but I had to try. I put them back where they originally were. Everything looks very close now so I will give it a try. I'll update this afternoon.

Thank you for all your input!

Top Bottom