450 Goblin 380 Issues...

Tony

Staff member
There is always at least one. At this current time, it's the ball for the tail servo. They only include 1, no extras like with the other balls, only one and that one decided to just up and leave. Go figure. An entire video put to a halt because one little $0.01 part is missing. Fantastic.

Screw it, I'm naming everything I own RC related, Murphy.... Murphy 150, Murphy 450, Murphy 380 and so on.

Smoggie

bummer... can you borrow a ball from another heli or your spares stash?

By spooky coincidence my Trex 700X has been grounded for three weeks for the sake on one 5mm ball with a 2.5mm thread.. These things are like hen's teeth. I eventually tracked one down at the main Align distributor in the UK and it arrived today so the 700X will fly this weekend:arms:

Tony

Staff member
This ball is one of those little special ones. Every single friggin ball on this bird is the type that is like a bolt, with threads, that you screw into everything. The swash, the blade grips, the servos (with a backing nut and washer). The tail servo linkage ball is the ONLY FRIGGIN ONE that is like a nut! There always has to be that one friggin part lmao.

Thankfully, after completely tearing my office apart, I found the little bastage inside a pair of channel lock pliers. How it got in there, who the hell knows. But I used the shortest bolt to install it (it came with two, one is seriously long for what it holds) and even the short one is too long. So I had to dig into the extra parts bag and get the extra washer and use that. Some thread lock (okay, a lot of thread locker, don't want this damn thing going anywhere lmao) and it is installed on the servo in the hole it's supposed to be in. Now to fire up some video and get this stuff connected up.

And yea, I know what you mean about those threads being a pain in the ass to find. I had that issue on one I had a while back. Can't remember what one it was, but I do remember I had to order the friggin thing like 3 times. lol

Tony

Staff member
Wow, just started a live stream for this bird and only Mr. P came in. And I received the fasted thumbs down I have ever received. Seriously thinking about just completing this build off camera and getting it in the air so I can move on to other projects...

Top Bottom