250 Goblin 280 Fireball

Matt

What do you guys think of the Goblin 280 Fireball? I'm looking for another heli and think this might be the next one. Anyone have one and are they worth it or would I be better off with something else, like something bigger or even smaller?

Tony

Staff member
This is completely users choice here. One thing to remember, if you damage that motor, there is only one place that I know of where you can get a replacement motor for that helicopter. That little beast is a direct drive and is supposed to have power for days! The other thing is, that is a 280 and a 450 heli is a 325 so it is smaller than a 450 helicopter. If you fly in tight spaces or just want something to toss in a bag and go, this is the helicopter for you. But if you are out flying over a 10 acre field every time, I think maybe you should look at something a little larger. BUT... even on a large flying field, this could be an awesome little helicopter to have.

I'll put it this way. I have everything from the mSR to a 600 nitro hanging on my wall and I would love to have one of those little 280's on there as well. As long as you don't just lawn dart the hell out of it, it should be much cheaper to repair in the event of a crash.

Matt

How much would a Goblin 380 cost after all the servos, kit, motor, batteries,etc? That’s my next choice but they are kind of pricey..

Tony

Staff member
I think we have about $900 to $1000 in the 380 we have now. It has BK cyclic servos, hobbywing esc, some knockoff motor, some knockoff tail servo and an Ikon2 gyro. Oh yea, and it has the Lynx skids as well.

murankar

Staff member
If your looking for a beater 280 then the Goblin is the way to go. I dont know much about the Oxy but it was the first in this class size. The Oxy does what it is supposed to do. If you think your going to buy a Goblin 380 I would seriously reconcider with getting the New Goblin 570 sport on 6S. If you get budget parts then it wount be all that much ove a 380 with high end stuff.

The 570 offers so much to the pilot. Its just big enough to fly the full specktrum to include auto rotations, unless your Bobby "I can auto everything" Watts. If your hooked on the 380 I would opt for the 420. Better disk loading and a lot of the parts are shared which means crash cost is almost on par with the 380.

Top Bottom