Batteries Glacier

cml001

Anyone use the Glacier packs from Buddy RC? I was thinking of trying their 5800mah 45c instead of Pulse 5500 45c... I've been using pulse now for about a year or so and love them... But now that I'm gonna be using 6s packs I'm looking at the $.... Anyone got a beat on the Glacier packs? Good... Bad...????

Last edited:

pvolcko

I use them. 1300 and 2200mAh 3S, 5000 and 5300 mAh 6S. I like them. Fly hard and come down cool. The 5000mAh pack looks a great deal like the pulse packs in terms of dimensions and even the wrap (the white stripe near the ends on the sides, with a different branding on the top/bottom parts). I wouldn't be surprised if they were produced by the same supplier.

Buddy RC also has great customer service. Price is hard to beat.

Derek

I've not used the Glacier packs before but I am considering them. Ive only heard good things about them.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
I use the Glacier packs on everything I have. 2S for my Blade 130X, 3S for the Blade 450 3D, and 6S for the Blade 500X. I also use them in my Apprentice 15e Plane. I have had good luck with them. I have the 5000mAh, 45C, 12S stick and 2s Rx battery for my Goblin 630; however, I am still building this so haven't tried the 12S yet. I have used the Rx battery several times for bench setup/testing. At $225 you can't beat the 12S stick!

+1 on Prices and +1 on customer service.

cml001

Good to hear guys.. Thanks for the info.. Helidino, get that gob airborne! Been watch'n the thread... Look'n good buddy!

cml001

Lol... Definitely! I know how that goes.. Too well! I did get away for a bit yesterday tho.. I needed it!

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Hahahaha........Glad you got out! It turned cold and it's snowing again up here but the weekend is supposed to be nice.

Derek

Well, the opportunity has arisen...so I thought I'd bring this thread back around.

I've just ordered a set of 6S 3700mah 45C Glacier lipo's from BuddyRC. In the second post of this thread, Paul mentioned that he uses these packs. 3 people at the local flying club use them and really like them. I've heard other good things about them, so instead of ordering the Nanotechs (like I was going to do) I decided to get a set of the Glaciers. Granted, I'm not a "hardcore, bad-to-the-bone" 3D pilot but I am working on it.

Actually, the price for these packs came out to be about $2.00 cheaper than the Nanotech would have been....and, BuddyRC is much closer to me than the HK USA Warehouse. So....lesser price and hopefully quicker shipping.

pvolcko

I really strongly recommend against nanotech on anything but their micro size batteries. I've had horrible luck with them. My experience has been they work fine when you first use them during the flying season and then when you put them away on storage charge they go to hell. Next season, they sag really bad despite reporting full charge, etc. This has happened on my 6S 5000mah pack and some smaller 3S 2200mah packs for the 350QX. The nanotechs I have for the ncpx and mcpx are fine. I've heard similar reports from others locally and on the forum.

I've heard good on turnigy A-Spec packs, but no personal experience. Turnigy standard packs have also lasted good for me so long as I haven't abused them.

EPBuddy/BuddyRC packs are still going good.

Last edited:

Derek

I appreciate your two cents, Paul...as always. This is the first season that I've bought Nanotechs. I have two for my 450. I guess we'll see how they go throughout this flying season and then see how they hold throughout the winter.

Nonetheless...I've heard very promising things about the Glacier packs. Then I see that their prices are affordable, Buddyrc is closer to me, and they already have the EC5 plugs on the 6S packs I ordered. Life is good!!! Now I just need to sit patiently (yeah right, lol) for them to get here, lol.

It's funny that you mention that the Turnigy standard packs are holding up well for you. I've had great experience with these, too.

Top Bottom