General Getting zero on pitch gauge

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello. I'm having problems getting to zero on my digital pitch gauge. All my servo are at 90 degrees. TX is center and all my linkages are to spec on my heli. My digital pitch gauge read + number when I put it on the blades. I need to get to zero so do I shorten the servo linkage or the blade grip linkage or even yet just split the difference between the 2 sets of linkage :banghead: . The heli Is sitting on a level plate form. Thanks in advance.

Tony

Staff member
First, you should always calibrate the pitch gauge to the frame of the helicopter. see the below video on how to do that.

And it's going to depend on what kind of linkage setup you have as to what you need to do. Just know, it's almost impossible to get perfect 0 pitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Z3VudHO68

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks Tony. It's the little things like calibrating the frame first that I forgot. Video help!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well.... I didn't get her up in the air yet Tony but she is ready for tomorrow morning flight. Now I can put my new canopy that I got from my wife for father day. :poidh: P6250003.jpg

P6250003.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah! I think my wife is trying to tell me that I'm getting old and my eye sight is not as good as is use to be. That's probably whats up with the bright colors. She also got my 450 a new bright canopy but the 450 needs another AR7200BX. Maybe next month but til then she sits. P6250004.jpg

P6250004.jpg

murankar

Staff member
If I could get my hands on the scrap vinyl at work those blade tips would pop out. We have bright orange and a bright greenish yellow. We also have a perl type clear vinyl the all kinds of color based on how the light hits it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom