Quad Getting Ready for Indoor Racing TINY WHOOP STYLE !!!!

Tasajara

Well with the weather changing I thought I may jump into a micro Quad for indoor Racing use.

So here are the parts that are on the way...

Quad Frame: Rakonheli CNC AL and CF Upgrade Kit Inductrix
Control Board: BeeBrain V1 - CF/BF compatible FC for Inductrix - DSMX
Motors:STRIX - Kinetix Motor 56k RPM 6mm x 12mm for Inductrix these motors will have ludicrous speed.
Props: Blade - Inductrix Prop Set (4PCS), White May get a second set to cut down for two blade use, longer flights just less punch.
Cam/Tx: RMRC Cricket Cam - 5.8 GHz Transmitter
Mullet Mod Canopy: Orange Mullet Canopy
Battery: DOGCOM 205mah 25C/50C Burst Tiny Whoop battery
Charge Board Adapter: Excel RC 1s 3.7v parallel charging board
Radio for indoor use: OrangeRx T-SIX 2.4GHz DSM2 Compatible 6CH Transmitter I use only Futaba for everything else.

Tasajara

Damn these screws are tiny...
Had to make sure to not work close to the edge of the work table.
If you drop one it want bounce and hit the floor were you would never see it again.
They did have a few extra screws in the frame kit. I was lucky and didn't have to use any.

Did get to fly it a few times today... I will say the BeeBrain control board does handle much better than the stock Inductrix I have.

This little Quad is a Hoot to Fly... can't wait to get it finished.

Anyway Here are a few build pics.... I will get the Cam and VTx mounted this week along with doing the Mullet Mod to keep the antenna low and out of harms way.

01 - TinyWhoop.JPG

02 - TinyWhoop.JPG

03 - TinyWhoop.JPG

04 - TinyWhoop.JPG

05 - TinyWhoop.JPG

06 - TinyWhoop.JPG

07 - TinyWhoop.JPG

08 - TinyWhoop.JPG

09 - TinyWhoop.JPG

10 - TinyWhoop.JPG

11 - TinyWhoop.JPG

12 - TinyWhoop.JPG

13 - TinyWhoop.JPG

14 - TinyWhoop.JPG

Mullet Mod How to...

Here

01 - TinyWhoop.JPG

02 - TinyWhoop.JPG

03 - TinyWhoop.JPG

04 - TinyWhoop.JPG

05 - TinyWhoop.JPG

06 - TinyWhoop.JPG

07 - TinyWhoop.JPG

08 - TinyWhoop.JPG

09 - TinyWhoop.JPG

10 - TinyWhoop.JPG

11 - TinyWhoop.JPG

12 - TinyWhoop.JPG

13 - TinyWhoop.JPG

14 - TinyWhoop.JPG

Last edited:

Tasajara

Ok I know you that live up north will love this little quad... When it is snowing and too freaking cold outside.... You will able to race around the house or Garage.

So got the case off of my Cricket Cam
Also cut the Vin,Gnd video pins between the Cam and the Vtx. Boy this thing is small.
Soldering skills will be tested when you solder the jumper wires back on. The 2 pins on the other side were just for support when it was connected as a whole single unit.

Now all I have left to do is double face tape this puppy down. I did use Hot glue to get the 20° angle between my Cam and Vtx.

From the pics you can see how small these items are. I placed an Exacto Knife near the items for reference.

15 - TinyWhoop.JPG

16 - TinyWhoop.JPG

17 - TinyWhoop.JPG

18 - TinyWhoop.JPG

19 - TinyWhoop.JPG

15 - TinyWhoop.JPG

16 - TinyWhoop.JPG

17 - TinyWhoop.JPG

18 - TinyWhoop.JPG

19 - TinyWhoop.JPG

Last edited:

Tasajara

got my last few pics.... of my build and yes that is a quarter in front of my quad... it is that small... only 29 grams / 1.02 oz RTF

20 - TinyWhoop.JPG

21 - TinyWhoop.JPG

22 - TinyWhoop.JPG

23 - TinyWhoop.JPG

I like this little thing so much I got some more parts to build a second one. I may add a camera to it later. THis one has black aluminum ducts and carbon fiber frame also

24 - TinyWhoop.JPG

25 - TinyWhoop.JPG

26 - TinyWhoop.JPG

20 - TinyWhoop.JPG

21 - TinyWhoop.JPG

22 - TinyWhoop.JPG

23 - TinyWhoop.JPG

24 - TinyWhoop.JPG

25 - TinyWhoop.JPG

26 - TinyWhoop.JPG

Tasajara

If it gets warm enough without the extra wind this week I will do some video. I did my maiden flight at work. But they may have a fit if I was to post it.
They want let you take pictures inside the plant so I know a video would be a big No No... LOL

Tasajara

Did a very very short video. I had not done a full charge on my battery, so it was about less than half a full flight.
Very late evening and low light. Funny how the Dom 3's Have a much better view that you see than what they will record.
I will try again on a sunny day and a fully charged battery. But for its size it scoots on pretty good.
Also need to figure out best battery placement, being it weighs just 1.02 oz it makes a lot of difference where you place it.

[video=youtube_share;fx5tOtItduM]https://youtu.be/fx5tOtItduM[/video]

Last edited:
Top Bottom