Projects Gerald's FT 22 Raptor

Gerald

Winter is driving me crazy, so I just keep building planes I think are cool!
I like this plane design and it being a pusher makes it a new branch in my building skills.
Yes it is a flite test design, but I don't buy the laser cut kit. I do all the cutting and tape covering.
Here are the cut out parts

View attachment 9989View attachment 9990

View attachment 9991View attachment 9992

Now for some tape and glue

View attachment 9994View attachment 9995

View attachment 9996View attachment 9997

View attachment 9998
View attachment 9999View attachment 10000

Motor mounted Turnigy 2824 1450KV with 8x4 slow prop 1500mah 3s battery
View attachment 9993
All finished
Pictures are a little out of order but you get the idea!

View attachment 10001View attachment 10002

View attachment 10004View attachment 10003

Derek

Looks real good, Gerald! I had the same issue last winter. The weather was horrible so I just kept building and building. Good luck with it!!!

wolfman76

Man that looks good Gerald You could probably incorporate a 50mm Edt into that design a carbon spar and she would be ready to scream through the sky.... keep it up BUDDY!

Gerald

Man that looks good Gerald You could probably incorporate a 50mm Edt into that design a carbon spar and she would be ready to scream through the sky.... keep it up BUDDY!

I am not that good of a pilot yet, so I'll keep it tame for now :)
A guy I fly with had same thought but he wants a 70mm edf!:bolt:

wolfman76

That would definitely. Be crazy fast I have a 80mm Edt and the guy at my lhs. Told me it would do over 100mph

Gerald

I got a chance to fly my FT 22 today, SO sorry no video I was by myself. First time flying an elevon plane and it was very easy!
I used a 1500 MAH battery and first flight was 4 minutes and I lost orientation too low to the ground, dirt nap! Picked it up checked everything, good to go, tossed it up again flew for a solid 8 minutes and I got too low again, lawn dart! Needs some repairs may need a new nose but all in all good maiden flight.

SWIZERA

Great looks of the f-22 Gerald.
Me too build same from pevious versions of FT f-22. Its a beginners plane in Elevon types.

Lee

Very nice Gerald. I built An f22 last year from another set of plans. I had a 4S set up with 3200KV motor. That thing was a beast. Super fast.

Gerald

Very nice Gerald. I built An f22 last year from another set of plans. I had a 4S set up with 3200KV motor. That thing was a beast. Super fast.

I am running a 1450kv 3s battery with an 8x4 slow prop, still learning to control the plane so I dont need a lot of speed, WANT IT just not ready for it yet! This set up does have some punch to it how ever, I was flying at a local school soccer field and it covered the field end to end in about 3 seconds when I full throtled it, by far the fastest plane I have ever flown!

Ron B

I have wondered on pusher type planes if a person could rubber band on a sponge to the nose to help reduce nose damage as the sponge would take up a lot of the force of a nose hit. I haven't heard of anyone doing it. Have you?

Gerald

I have wondered on pusher type planes if a person could rubber band on a sponge to the nose to help reduce nose damage as the sponge would take up a lot of the force of a nose hit. I haven't heard of anyone doing it. Have you?

No, but Tony suggested expandable foam in the nose. Might be a possible improvement, but this design uses the nose for battery mounting but could hollow out the foam I guess.

murankar

Staff member
Well one way to make the cavity would be to wrap the battery in wax paper or plastic wrap. Check to make sure that the plastic wrap does not have an adverse reaction to the expanding foam.

Place the battery in the nose and then fill with foam. Once the foam is done doing its thing you should be able to remove the pack leaving a perfect fit for the pack.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom