G'Day from Melbourne Australia

Peter Neal

Hi Folks,

Peter is my name and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I am a newbie to rc heli's and am loving this addictive hobby. I am flying an E-razor 450 with upgraded digital servos and a gyro with a Spektrum DX6i. I also have a new Blade mSR X on its way.

I am still learning the basics with hover and tail in flight as far as I have progressed. I am hoping the mSR will give me some more indoor flying time to keep up with the steep learning curve. I am also practicing on the Phoenix Flight Sim V3 to help with the learning.

Hope to meet a lot of people, share and learn lots on this forum.

Cheers

murankar

Staff member
Keep with it and you will be a master at flying in no time. Welcome to the forum, there are many members that can help with any questions. I have said this before but it is true, your in goods here.

Peter Neal

Thanks murankar, the juggling of a 3 year old and a 3 week newborn does some what cut into your flying learning time - hence the sim for those sessions at 2am :)

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Glad to have you on the site. You will love the msrx, I miss my poor little msr. It's the best helicopter you can get for indoor play and I think it's better than a sim for learning on. It will take crashes like they never happened. and is just super stable. Hope to see some pics and/or vids here soo.

Lee

Hi Peter, Welcome to the site. I had an MSR and it taught me all orientations perfectly before moving onto my 450.
Good luck mate.

murankar

Staff member
I know what it's like trying to fly with kids. I got 4 myself. 2 of which are old enough to start flying.

GeoffWill

G'day Peter,
I have been flying an mSRX for about 6 months, although I don't get a lot of time to do so. I am now very early with a nano as well.
My suggestions are, part from listening to other people re setting up your radio, to get a good carbon fibre landing gear & mainframe.
This means it will stand up to crashes a lot better & you can fly more. Also get extras of the small parts for same reason re minimal down time
It can really take some punishment.
It can get strange turning left I find.
I don't know the eRazor 450, sounds big??
Enjoy!

BOKI

GeoffWill; Welcome to the site & it sounds like your doing OK to start ! Always have extra parts for crashes so you don't have much down time! ! The Best in your RC Flying !

Peter Neal

Thanks Geoff - the E-Razor is a med size 450 collective heli, needless to say I still have the training gear attached :greedy_dollars: to save on the repair bills!

Dirk

Hi Peter, and welcome to the family! Flying helis is a lot of fun and probably one of the bigger challenges in life, but oh so satisfying when you start feeling that you have the beast in the palm of your hand.

Enjoy, and remember the pics!

Top Bottom