450 Gaui's Galore

Well, I sold my Align goodies and traded them for Gaui. As some of you know I bought a heli off of E-bay that had been wrecked by a beginner and sold it. I had to replace the servos and do some other minor repairs. About 2 weeks ago I came across a guy that was getting rid of his Gaui fleet so I snagged up the deal. 1 complete heli with a metal head, metal tail, Beast X, Xnova motor, and converted to belt drive. Another complete air-frame + ALOT of parts. I probably have another to build another one if I wanted but I'm just going to keep 2 flyable X3's and the other airframe and parts for backup.

One thing I noticed with the stock head is some slop, pretty sure it's normal because I rebuilt it with new parts. The X3 that came in the mail with the metal head has ZERO play.

Anyways, here's some pics of what my Gaui lineup is looking like (excuse the mess, had this stuff all over the kitchen sorting it out).

View attachment 16517View attachment 16525View attachment 16524View attachment 16523View attachment 16522View attachment 16521View attachment 16520View attachment 16519View attachment 16518View attachment 16526

:censored: you PGL, nice score! I'm jealous :sad2:

Yea dude, got a nice come up on this one. Can you believe it though, I have a set of main shaft shimms on back-order from an online distributor which is why my first X3 is grounded so I thought with ALL of these parts it would have a set, of course not. My only option to get my main X3 in the air is to take the entire head/main shaft assembly off of the one I just got (metal head) and put it on my main one, hoping there will be no slack.

Or maybe I just be patient and wait. I guess I'll do that.

I'll get the one I just got in setup and airborne, just have to setup the BeastX and go over everything. The one I just got looks like it's put together pretty well, belt drive, 360 mains, metal head, metal tail, decent servos, HW 50a esc, and a Xnova motor!

Tony

Staff member
The Gaui's are nice and all, but where did you get the 18650 charger? And that looks like a reuleaux rx200. I have the same mod that I use with a BFT and run at about 105w. But the question is, where did you get that charger? lol

The Gaui's are nice and all, but where did you get the 18650 charger? And that looks like a reuleaux rx200. I have the same mod that I use with a BFT and run at about 105w. But the question is, where did you get that charger? lol

Ha!

This is my 3rd, DNA Reuleaux. I prefer the DNA board because of the e-scribe software. The charger is blue-tooth but I don't care for it. I'll probably buy another one soon. I can send you this one if you want it.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, so you have the genuine DNA, NICE! I had to cheap out and get the POS, but it still works. Temp isn't that great, but it fires every time.

And hells yea, I'll give it a go. I need another charger. My little i4 is getting killed lmao. Need to find me a good source for batteries as well. It's about time to replace all of mine.

Oh, so you have the genuine DNA, NICE! I had to cheap out and get the POS, but it still works. Temp isn't that great, but it fires every time.

And hells yea, I'll give it a go. I need another charger. My little i4 is getting killed lmao. Need to find me a good source for batteries as well. It's about time to replace all of mine.

The RX is cool, I like it for Power mode. I have/had one of those too.

I really run TC which is why I stick with the DNA.

Don't play with batteries, if they are wrapped or cracked, either re-wrap them or toss them. I had a DNA explode in my hand because they grounded out on each other.

View attachment 16530

Tony

Staff member
Dayum! Yup, touching each other while run in series spells disaster. That sucks man.

Top Bottom