700 Gaui X7fz Mishap

Geena

Staff member
Over the Independence Day weekend, I went to the field and flew with the guys. Saturday, went great. we laughed, talked, flew, and had a great time just being out at the field.

Sunday, turned out to be not such a good day for my X7FZ. I had put about 8 flights on it, and I was really feeling it. On the 9th flight, I experienced something that actually made my heart skip a beat.

I was in the middle of doing a tight funnel about 25-30 off the ground, when I lost rudder control. The helicopter immediately started to yaw to the right, and I thought to myself...."this is gonna be bad".

Not so. I was able to get it into a piroing hover, and auto it softly into the high, soft, fluffy grass just west of the runway.

Damage was one servo arm, and the the tail control arm that broke in flight. ( see attached photo) The helicopter is back in flying condition and I`ll go hammer on it again this weekend. :D

20180704_134948.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Sorry for the mishap Geena. Glad to here that you saved it with little damage. Good luck this weekend and keep the skids up, if inverted lol.

Geena

Staff member
Thanks. D.O.G. Ya can`t fly them like you hate them, without something like that happening once in a while. I should know better than to fly hard right before an event, but I`m silly like that..LOL.

Admiral

Hi Geena, tried to emulate your crash yesterday, flying my 500 had just done a couple of pirouettes at about 25' next thing bang and I lost the tail, I quickly bought it down (a bit too quick) The pitch control arm had snapped the pitch control unit took out one tail blade and down she came, found the pitch slider but the blade & holder vanished.

IMG_20180714_105731 (Medium).jpg IMG_20180714_145953 (Medium).jpg

Damage: Complete tail assembly, front & back TT gears, tail control guides and skids, I think I was lucky, just shows this old bird is starting to show her age I've had it about 5 years although it did have a tail upgrade about 4 years ago when I converted it the TT tail. & FBL.

Geena

Staff member
Wow....this seems to be the week for tail failures. Doesn`t look too bad though. new parts and you`ll be back in business. :D

Tony

Staff member
Okay that's it, I ain't flyin' nuttin!!!! Not even the V911 I just got in lmao. I have a hard enough time flying WITH a tail and you two have broke a tail each. These things come in 3's lmao.

Geena

Staff member
I was out there hammering on my X7 all day today, and it was flying awesome. My X3L was down too, with two broken frames. That`s all repaired too...so there`s the 3rd one. You`re clear for takeoff, Tony. Hahaha. My X3L has been down since December, when I drove it in like a fencepost at OHB, doing some redneck night flying with the boys.

Top Bottom