Gaui X3l With Roto Tech 386mm Blades

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Finally You tube decided to let me upload a video...Dumb asses! Anyway I finally had the chance to try out my new Roto Tech 386mm blades on my Gaui X3L this afternoon. The last 2 days has been windy and raining so today was nice enough before the rain came in to fly :). I've been using RJX 363mm blades that I use on my X3 before she passed on :( on my X3L. I'm loving these roto tech blades. Very floaty but great on punch too! These blades are going to be my new choice :).

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
There you go! Very nice!!
Your airfield reminds me of mine. Trees and bushes but you still jam! I'm inspired!

Hey Rob. Thanks. Yeah the trees/bushes seem intimating but since I don't get around well and it's in my back yard, I've learn that the trees and bushes are my friend and learn to fly with them watching LMAO! :).

Rob Lancaster

Yeah! I know what you mean, trees are cool unless you get stuck in the top of one. Fortunately I've never had the pleasure. However I do have a bird threat. The dragon fly's and bumble bees that charge the aircraft from the trees, soon learn the hard way that them rotor blades kill. POOF bug cloud...

I think it's only a matter time before I hit a bird or a bird runs into me. One time a whole squadron of small rice birds came out from behind the mango tree. They all saw the chopper at the last second and the 60 or so birds divided into two, just like a school of fish when a shark goes through it. I was all, whoa!!

Then there's the guy up the road with pigeons. When he releases them, they do sometimes circle low right through my air space. I love birds, I'd hate to hit one or two or three... Not only that, the aircraft probably would get gross and damaged some how. A pigeon or a mynah bird is a big contact for a 450 I'm sure. Li'll rice birds, watch out!!.. Heck I got NAV lights, what more do they want; an IFF beacon, LOL!!
See you in the yard buddy!
Rster...

Geena

Staff member
Nice flying there, D.O.G. :) I told you, you were going to like those rotor tech blades. :D :D Keep up the good work.

Geena

Staff member
I have been flying the Mikado VTX 717mm blades on my X7 for a few weeks, and they are pretty good. I wish they made them in 380..ish mm, for the X3L though.

Rob Lancaster

Nice fly'n D.O.G....
I too got out today and flew a couple of packs. It was a bit breezy but not to bad. I got to hit the airfield though. With my feeble skills, I need more air space before I go inverted.

Admiral

Wind & Rain again today, did not get a chance to fly, this is the 3RD day of spring here supposed to be beautiful weather here.

Tony

Staff member
Wind & Rain again today, did not get a chance to fly, this is the 3RD day of spring here supposed to be beautiful weather here.
Shouldn't you be going from Summer to Autumn down there? Because we are in winter here (trust me, it's still here. Low 20's (negative C's lmao), high wind, ice, snow, ugh. But we are coming into spring, my favorite season. Means Tornadoes and severe storms! Love it!

Top Bottom