Servos Gaui X3 Tail Servo

sneezy007

Hi everyone,

I'm working on my Gaui X3 after my crash and decided to move the tail servo to the right side of the helicopter.
The right side has a smaller opening and the servo is more secure. Now that I moved it, the servo arm seems really tight and is not moving smoothly at all. Would moving it to the right side have that much of an effect?
Also I had to move the servo ball to the bottom hole because it was touching on top.

Thanks,
Dino

murankar

Staff member
Nope, its a universal setup. Its your choice for the most part as to which side you use. Its been a super long time since i looked at mine so I am trying to remember. i Think one side is for mini servos and the other is for full size servos. You can run both sizes on that kit. I run the BK 3000 series on mine with the full size tail servo.

If your servo are is binding you might have other issues. Does it run smooth when it is out of the heli?

sneezy007

You're right it looks like the right side is for a mini servo, which is what I have on there now. I'll have to take the servo off the heli and check it out. My other Gaui is nice and smooth, something is going on. I checked the push rod and it's nice and straight.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there sneeze. Have you checked the tail shaft to see any slight nicks or debris is preventing the tail slider not to move smoothly? Just a thought. Happen to my X3.

Top Bottom