1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Servos Gaui X3 Tail Servo

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by sneezy007, Aug 13, 2018.

< Bouquets To Helidirect Ikon Support | Servo Mods >
  1. sneezy007

sneezy007 Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Geophysical Technician (Retired)
    Home Page:
    Hi everyone,

I'm working on my Gaui X3 after my crash and decided to move the tail servo to the right side of the helicopter.
    The right side has a smaller opening and the servo is more secure. Now that I moved it, the servo arm seems really tight and is not moving smoothly at all. Would moving it to the right side have that much of an effect?
    Also I had to move the servo ball to the bottom hole because it was touching on top.

Thanks,
    Dino

2. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    Nope, its a universal setup. Its your choice for the most part as to which side you use. Its been a super long time since i looked at mine so I am trying to remember. i Think one side is for mini servos and the other is for full size servos. You can run both sizes on that kit. I run the BK 3000 series on mine with the full size tail servo.

If your servo are is binding you might have other issues. Does it run smooth when it is out of the heli?

3. sneezy007

sneezy007 Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Home Page:
    You're right it looks like the right side is for a mini servo, which is what I have on there now. I'll have to take the servo off the heli and check it out. My other Gaui is nice and smooth, something is going on. I checked the push rod and it's nice and straight.

4. D.O.G.

D.O.G. I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter Goblin 380 Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Disable
    Hey there sneeze. Have you checked the tail shaft to see any slight nicks or debris is preventing the tail slider not to move smoothly? Just a thought. Happen to my X3.

5. sneezy007

sneezy007 Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Home Page:
    Thanks D.O.G. I'll have to check that as well.
    Dino

< Bouquets To Helidirect Ikon Support | Servo Mods >