450 Gaui X3 Servos

Smoggie

The SH-0257 are good servos, maybe not in the same performance bracket as some of the newer HV servos but they are still pretty decent. I have them on my Chase 360 and they have performed fine, more than good enough to match my abilities!. I use them on a few of my planes too.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
What's servos are people running on the X3? This heli I got has Savox SH-0257, should I stick with those?

- - - Updated - - -

I was looking at the KST's, alot of X3 owners are flying them. I like the aluminum case, also appear to be built and quicker than the savox.

KST DS215MG V3 Mini Digital Metal Gear Servo [KSTDS215MGV3] | Helicopters - AMain Performance Hobbies

This is the set that I got for my X3 KST DS565X with 3pcs DS215MG V3 0 Digital Servo for 450 500 RC Helicopter | eBay Matter of fact, I think Smoggie is the one to mention that the tail servo "DS565X" had to be set to 760 pulse instead of 1520 pulse. I thought the tail servo was defected at the time. :(

murankar

Staff member
I run BK 3001 x 3 and ad a 5005 for the tail. I bought mine through heli direct as a 4 servo set and got a discount. I also ran the KST DS215MG. The DS215MG can be used on the tail but I think you will want the bigger tail servo.

KLA

Those BK servos can get very expensive. I've never actually used servos of that quality, my wallet just doesn't allow me too. Mostly I run the KST's, or the Turnigy version of the KST's. How do the KST and BK servos compare to each other? Is the price of the BK's justified?

Smoggie

Specification wise I think the KST are pretty darn close if not the equal of the likes of BK. I'm too tight to pay top dollar for servos but I totally understand how some would want the added assurance of a servo with a big name endorsement, even if it costs a lot more (plus they look very slick too!). As I understand it BK servos are made by ServoKing in Taiwan.

On my Chase 360 it came fitted with the Savox SH-0257. I had originally intended to swap them out for HV KST's but the Savox perform perfectly ok, so I didn't bother in the end.

KLA

Yep, with the quality and price of some of the clone servos like the KST's I really don't see the point of spending $60-$70 on a servo. If you crash, the BK's are gonna strip just as easily as the KST's. But that's just me. Everyone is different and if they are able to get the more expensive servos then that's great. There has to be some advantage to getting the BK'S or they wouldn't be in business.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
The BK Servos are made by the Company that makes the RJX servos. Only difference is Bert told the company what he wanted and they made them. As for quality of the KSTs, for what your spending they are not bad. Only reason I dont fly them anymore is because I broke an output shaft on a hard auto landing.

KLA

For the cost of the KST's you get a pretty good servo. Basically a risk and reward deal. Plus, my flying abilities don't justify paying $60 for a servo. The KST's performance is more than satisfactory for what I am able to do with them.

Smoggie

The BK Servos are made by the Company that makes the RJX servos.

That's definitely Servoking then, because they make RJX servos for 100% sure. The RJX are identical to a standard Servoking servo. As you say Uri, the BK servos do look different from anything in the standard Servoking range, at least in the external case design, if the internals are any different i can't say.

Smoggie

Bert said who was making the servos in an interview on RCHN. The case is his design.

I'll see if I can find the interview. That explains why the case looks different to anything else in the Servoking range. Bert's first servos did use the same case design as standard Servoking servos, but as you say, his later servos are different (and very nice too).

Top Bottom