1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

450 Gaui X3 Questions

Discussion in 'Helicopters' started by D.O.G., Dec 5, 2018.

1. D.O.G.

D.O.G. Well-Known Member Goblin 380 Supporter

Disable
    Hey there. Recently my Gaui X3 had a tragic accident and now she can rest in peace :(. I'm asking Mrs Clause for the Gaui X3L :). I've notice that they have a conversion kit from X3 to X3L. Which way to go, convert or new? The X3L is newer model. Has a few things different from the X3 but alot beefer to me lol. If I decide to go with the conversion kit to X3l, most of my parts from the X3 will work on the X3L. GAUI X3 to X3l Frame Conversion Set (Kit A) - GAUI X3 / X3L they have a tail conversion kit so you can use 385mm blades on it. GAUI Tail Belt Conversion kit (for 350 to 385 blades) - GAUI X3 / X3L I'm already using a belt conversion kit on my X3 and using RJK 365mm blades on it. If I use the X3 to X3L conversion kit but not purchases the 3X to3XL tail kit and not purchases the tail boom cover, will my COG be to much off for me to adjust? Basically I'm taking all parts from my X3 and install them in the X3L frame and how will it effect my COG. Hope this makes sense.

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

I think @Geena is the person to ask on this one. Lets see if we can get her in here.

3. Admiral

Admiral I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

Information Technology (Retired)
    Hi D.O.G., I have a new Gaui X3 basic sitting under the Christmas tree so I was very interested in what your doing, apparently in a review that I just read with the conversion the battery no longer sits in the frame so you can use a larger battery and this fixes any CofG issues. I'll build the standard one first and then look at the conversion.

upload_2018-12-6_8-29-5.jpeg upload_2018-12-6_8-29-5.jpeg

4. Geena

Geena Moderator Staff Member

Certified Aircraft Welder
    I would just go ahead and get the X3L kit and be done. It`s well worth it, and the X3L kit is not expensive. You can use the parts from your crashed X3, for repairs you might need to the X3L later. By converting the X3 to an X3L, the CG should not change much...nothing moving the battery slightly won`t fix.

The only thing I dislike about the X3L though, is the landing gear. I absolutely HATE those little flipper style skids. They work great if you fly on a paved runway. But They SUCK for landing on grass. You`ll roll over after landing more times than not with those things. I put regular X3 (direct bolt on...no mods needed) on mine and it was problem solved.

BTW, Tony. I`m ALWAYS here. I may not always speak, but I`m always watching. ;)

5. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

lol, I know you are always here, I see you lurking. It's all good. Times are a little slow right now but it's fixing to pick up. Have a LOT planned just need to get my new office done. Taking way longer than expected.

Geena likes this.
  6. D.O.G.

Disable
    Thank you Admiral and Geena for your reply :). Admiral, that's the new X3 you have huh. Cool! I'll take Geena advice and get the 3XL then, " with real skids " and use the X3 for parts then.

Geena likes this.
  7. D.O.G.

Disable
    PSST! The wife agrees with Geena too! Good on my end :).

Geena likes this.
  8. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Soldier
    If you have not flown with a boom cover yet then wait till you do. Your mind might change. I love it for the extra visual. That's why I fell in love with goblin. I love having that extra visual .

9. Admiral

It's a standard basic X3 with the conversion kit the guy did a blow by blow review of the upgrade.

10. D.O.G.

Disable
    Hey URI. I here you. I rather fly without the boom cover. That's why I love my X3. My 500 has the Monster energy look IMG_3402.JPG which I can see well and I like tossing it around vs my 450 CoastGuard heli which I can see but not to far plus it's mostly show heli with lights. I seen this 3XL video without his boom having fun indoor. The onlything it's a tri blade set up.

11. Admiral

Hey D.O.G check your inbox.

12. D.O.G.

Disable
    Yes I did and thank you for that Admiral.

13. Geena

I actually took the boom cover off of my X3L. Having it on did not give me any benefits as far being able to see it better, and it`s much easier to work on it and adjust belt tension without it.

14. Geena

Changing those skids is very important, if you fly over a grass field. Mine ( with the flipper skids) tipped over three or four times, even in the shortest grass on our field.

15. D.O.G.

Disable
    Thank you much Geena for that important information about those silly flipper skids. I never fly where pavement is so that will be a plus for me, Thanks Geena :).

Geena likes this.
  16. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Soldier
    For what ever reason in have had issues with locating the small boom. Maybe if I had painted the boom a brighter color. I tend to use the boom as a point of reference along with skids.

17. D.O.G.

Disable
  18. Admiral

That's a great price the basic X3L no blades in Australia is the equivalent of US$259.66