450 Gaui X3 issues

sneezy007

Hi everyone,

I thought I better start another thread on my Gaui's. The other thread was about head speed.

I have twin X3's and have an issue with both of them.

The first X3 I had a slight crash with it. I had to replace a couple of servo arms, a tail boom support and tail collar. Now when I turn on the radio the elevator/aileron servos push the arms straight down and then it binds. Any idea what would cause this? This X3 has an AR7200BX.

The second X3 is the one with the wondering tail. It's pushing to the left on me. I checked the pushrod and it's the right length. I'm flying in heading hold, the gyro is set to +57.5 and it's still drifting on me.
Any ideas? This X3 has an AR7200BX as well.

Thanks,
Dino

Geena

Staff member
On the first one, did you just replace the servo horns, or did you do a fresh setup afterward? If you didn`t do a fresh setup, you may want to try that. On the second one, check that the tail slider moves freely, and smoothly, and there is no binding or tight spots in it. Also check that you have the correct center position /pulse length selected. If you are not sure what that is for your servo, use 1520.

Smoggie

First one sounds like you put the arms on the wrong splines. To get the arm centred you need to remove the arm, go into the part of the FBL setup where you trim the arms to be level then put the arms on the correct splines so that they are level. If the nearest spline still leaves the arm slightly out of level use the trim function in the FBL.

For the second one, if the mechanical setup is good and you have adjusted travel to get full range both ways, try increasing the gain some more. As long as you havent got to the point where the tail oscillates then you can keep increasing.

sneezy007

On the first one, did you just replace the servo horns, or did you do a fresh setup afterward? If you didn`t do a fresh setup, you may want to try that. On the second one, check that the tail slider moves freely, and smoothly, and there is no binding or tight spots in it. Also check that you have the correct center position /pulse length selected. If you are not sure what that is for your servo, use 1520.

Yes I just replaced the servo horns and did not do a fresh setup. Thanks Geena for your help

sneezy007

First one sounds like you put the arms on the wrong splines. To get the arm centred you need to remove the arm, go into the part of the FBL setup where you trim the arms to be level then put the arms on the correct splines so that they are level. If the nearest spline still leaves the arm slightly out of level use the trim function in the FBL.

For the second one, if the mechanical setup is good and you have adjusted travel to get full range both ways, try increasing the gain some more. As long as you havent got to the point where the tail oscillates then you can keep increasing.

Would that push the servo arm right to the bottom? Ok I'll give it a try and see what happens. Thanks Smoggie.

Top Bottom