450 Garrt copterX CX 450 ME budget build

Hi guys, what i have here is the copterx cx 450 M.E. that i bought from amazon, seems to be a pretty awesome little heli, havent flown it yet but seems to be very good quality. there was not any info on the heli or the kit, no articles online about it or reviews or anything. but for 45 bucks its awesome and its great if your into old school fly bar helis. I'm running some classic tower pro servos and a garrt esc and kds electric motor. If anyone has any questions about this heli feel free to ask. One thing i found intresting about this heli is that there were no thrust bearings in the head, not any at all, maybe they are wedged between the regular bearings? there were 6 bearings total, 3 per blade grip and they were already lubed. You will notice the flybar cage is not the stock one but instead is a blue metal one. Reason being i accidentally melted the stock plastic one with lock tite lol, i got a little to crazy with the locktite. So far i have not flown it yet but plan to tomorrow. Ill post a vid up tomorrow of it hopefully flying well. I really love these classic old school fly bar helis. If anyone has any idea how i can get my hands on a honey bee king or esky belt cp let me know thanks.

IMG_6347.JPG

IMG_6350.JPG

IMG_6351.JPG

IMG_6352.JPG

IMG_6365.JPG

IMG_6367.JPG

IMG_6368.JPG

IMG_6369.JPG

IMG_6370.JPG

IMG_6372.JPG

Its butter smooth, only took it up at night for about a minute and still need to track the blades but so far so good, ill post a vid tomorrow

I havent taken it out to maiden it yet, but will hopefully today, its the first heli iv built that didnt shake itself to death when in idle up mode, so feels like an complishment. lol ill try and get a good quality vid up today with some sport flying.

Tony

Staff member
If the helicopter truly doesn't have any thrust bearings, you should look into upgrading the head. Radial bearings are not meant to take lateral loads and will wear out very quickly. Just be careful.

And yes, those helicopters are awesome. The HK450GT is the exact same bird but with carbon fiber and all metal. And those are a clone of the Align SE V2. Man I miss mine lmao.

Yea it most def only has the radial bearings i confirmed it, so ill just take it easy with it until an upgrade, yea would be awesome to fly an actual align se v2, i only wish i started helis back in the 2007-2013 glory days, I feel like im late to the party and I'm only flying fly bar helis and apparently those are old school? haha

Tony

Staff member
Fantastic control of that heli in that video! I loved how you said "I will take it easy" then put it into idle up lmao. I would have done the same. If it's going to come apart, might as well have fun while doing it lmao. But yes, that helicopter looks fantastic for what it costs. Great job!

Tony

Staff member
I just noticed where you live and if I ever stay in Pacific or have plans on being up that way, I have a LOT of heads here that I don't use for this helicopter. I will stash one in my truck and if I get up there, I will let you know. Blades hurt when they hit you lmao.

Admiral

That was a great exhibition of controlled flying in a small space, your doing well for being late to the party, your really going to excel when you get to the later FBL gear.

Tony

Staff member
That was a great exhibition of controlled flying in a small space, your doing well for being late to the party, your really going to excel when you get to the later FBL gear.
You got that right Keith! Dude has fantastic control. Way better than I do lmao.

Top Bottom