Gaba back! :) i am here for good.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hello my peeps I know I have missed a lot.. A lot of good deals (yes I saw some updates), Tony getting hard into ground pounders... And don't know what else It was just to dang difficult for me to be around.

Felt like a hypocrite... Haha . I am Team pilot and a moderator of an Rc forum and I haven't touched my birds and my rc gear in 2months or more. It's been unreal

Was in india visiting family for two weeks . Before that prepping for it all.. Came back, work took my breath out.. Lost my phone (then found it) ..

And it's been cold and sometimes wet ( except this week) My birds haven't been in running condition. Finally slowly I rebuilt my vibe 50 with a new piston and ring for the 90 engine. And got the plumbing changed out

Whiplash needed the gear train changed out to helical ( I am going to be hitting this one hard.. As I need to test this drive train).

Mustang needed a power steering pump as power steering fluid kept flowing out .. Haha A lot .. Finally getting back into business as usual. Still looking for jobs (for moving on from my current one) ..

So.. Yeah I have been out. I felt so overwhelmed coming back. Logged in a fee times, but just so much I had missed, that I felt like there was no way I could catch up with everything .. Haha

So basically.. I decided that I'll start fresh. Come here and help out where I can. This is my rc home .. Gotta come back sometime :D

It's good to be here. Hope you all are doing ok. How about this. What has happened since early September? What has changed? Bought anything new? Sold something? Learnt something? Broke something? Need help with something?? :)

Tell me !! I would love to catch up!!! :) :)

TONY!! Bro hope you doing good!! :)

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Welcome back bro. Saw the photos on FB of your trip. Looked like a lot of fun.

as for catching up, no worries bro. I would just start fresh as you stated, and every now and then, look into some of the older posts.

I wouldn't say I'm "hard" into ground pounders, but yes, I did get the Losi 22SCT. However, I have a feeling that I'm going to have to sell it after doing a few more videos. Life is just not kind at the moment. Need the money more than I need the truck.

And yes, you need to get out there and start flying again. And you need to be on here more!!!!!!!! :biggrin1:

murankar

Staff member
Got my heli up and flying. Tweaking the zyx- s. Made some videos and now waiting fir the weekend to fly again.

Glad you had fun during your vacation.
Welcome back bro, was missing you a little.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Derek

Hi there, Gaba! Welcome back! Tony has done a great deal to help me out with some of my rc issues, and his help is greatly appreciated, but it will be nice to have another more experienced mind around to help out.

Here are a few update tidbits in my life...my wife is 8 months pregnant. Little girl is due December 15. Each doctor's visit shows very positive results. Despite being 8 months pregnant, my wife is still working her 40 hour/week job, despite the fact that I told her she could stop, lol. Anyway, we are very excited to be first time parents.

I've recently gotten a "slightly" used Trex 600e Pro DFC. It has the Ikon and Castle HV80 ESC and two 6S 3700mAh 35C lipo's. I've been going through the Ikon setup and I think I have that done completely and correctly. I did order some parts and I'm waiting for them to come in. The 600 is probably ready to fly but I want to wait until the new parts are installed.

I've flown the RCH Edge 540 Profile Plane v2 nearly 30 times and still loving it. It's a fun plane, for sure. I tried to fly my Trex 500 today and decided to cut the flight short because the tail is wagging (hunting) again. Ugh!

So...that's a bit from my end. Glad to have you back around, Gaba!!

Derek

lol, for sure! I did fly the plane today and I do have video. Jordan said that she lost focus on the plane a few times but I'll get the video uploaded soon. I"ll go do that now. Sorry buddy!

wolfman76

welcome back gaba missed you bro been hectic life here had to quit a good job i had just to make sure my kids get to school and home seeing as i have noone else to help me out so now i am still looking for a good job but my old boss from fedex has been giving me some work under the table to help out a lil but i am making due best i can just wish i had sumthin better so just one day at a time... glad to have you back man....

pvolcko

Gaba, welcome back! My update: Got married Sept 21. Honeymoon still being planned for sometime this winter. Picked up a couple Goblins (500 and 700), a mcpX-BL, and a DX9. I'm good to go for a good long while now, I think. Working half and full piro flips, backwards circuits, and the rest of my repertoire (albeit limited). Picked up a 1800W power supply and a powerlab charger, in addition to the iCharger 3010b, so I'm set for a good long time on that front, too. Got a transmitter mitt and some electronic heaters on order, for the cold weather flying I hope to be doing this winter.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Niice!!! Dang!! Congratulations on the wedding!!!!

And the goblins!! Dude I am envious haha

And Mcpx BL?? ... Just in time when align 150 is coming out!!? :p
Did you trick the mcpx BL out any? Or stock?

I am glad to hear. You will get better in flying than me this winter as it seems you are set with radio MIT and everything haha

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Glad your back GABA! I've had my operation. Sitting at home re cooperating from that. Can't do much till I heal up some. That's about all on my end. No new birds. Haven't done anything on them in a few months. No energy to do anything. But soon. Feeling better everyday. So far I haven't had to sell anything although I'm going to have to borrow some cash for next months bills. My family has me covered for that. Call me sometime so we can chatt! Lol.

pvolcko

mCPX-BL is still stock, except for blades I think. Also put a solid tail boom on it (stock, optional part). I picked it up used here on the forum. It is a twitchy thing. Stationary rolls and flips are ugly. Still dialing in Tx settings on this guy, hopefully to tame it some. It is very nice for doing upright piro hover and circuit training though. Probably inverted training too, but I have yet to put it in a sustained inverted hover. Will be nice to have during the winter, flying it at the local hobby shop's indoor track area.

Niice!!! Dang!! Congratulations on the wedding!!!!

And the goblins!! Dude I am envious haha

And Mcpx BL?? ... Just in time when align 150 is coming out!!? :p
Did you trick the mcpx BL out any? Or stock?

I am glad to hear. You will get better in flying than me this winter as it seems you are set with radio MIT and everything haha

Lee

Welcome back mate,
I've been MIA myself for a while but not as much as you.
Got some new batteries for the Warp. Gens Ace 1400 40C
Got a new Charger. Icharger 308 Duo. So I've been getting a few flights in the last couple of weeks although its getting pretty cold.

I finally got a job after a year of ups and downs. Been working in a frame making company for the last few weeks, but on Friday I start a job working for the Royal Mail :D as a postman. 9am to 2pm :D so afternoons free to fly woohoo.
Celia is in Spain at the moment, looking for potential work for next year, so we may end up back where we started, back in Tarifa Spain.

Glad to have you back

Graham Lawrie

Welcome back Gaba:) Wondered where you have got to:) In your absence I have acquired a 550 and soon to be 150:) Put lots of pictures and some video on too:) Also got a flying buddy Cameron who has now joined RC-Help:)

WELCOME HOME:)

GABA DEREK FORGOT TO ADD HE GOT THE 600 FREE!!

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Welcome back Gaba:) Wondered where you have got to:) In your absence I have acquired a 550 and soon to be 150:) Put lots of pictures and some video on too:) Also got a flying buddy Cameron who has now joined RC-Help:) WELCOME HOME:) GABA DEREK FORGOT TO ADD HE GOT THE 600 FREE!!

What?)? Free how???

Derek dude!!! Concealing important information !!!!!!!!

Hahahaha !!

That's awesome Thou bro... Happy for you and Derek

murankar

Staff member
20s at night and upper 30s during the day. We have freeze warnings for Monday morning.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Weather is bad!! Lol I mean sucky.. 33-40 degrees with winds and rain sometimes. No flying is what that means .

So... Working on the car .. Redoing the cooling system

Top Bottom