700 G-force electric conversion kit motor pinion and esc ?

brent

Hi everyone, lately I've been thinking more and more of getting the g-force electric conversion kit for my 700n, It bolts straight in that way I can switch between both worlds if i like as i love my nitro but plan to be flying a lot more with my new smaller easier job.
any help suggestions with motor pinion and esc would be great as I don't really know a hang of a lot, can fly mid 3d tick tocs, piro flips, funnels and hope to get better flying more.
I was thinking a Scorpion HKIII 4035-530 motor because that's what was in a heli when i searched g-force electric kit on youtube but then saw it has less watts than then 700mx so looked at the 800mx but its getting up there in price.
Then there the esc?? cheaper hk one or fork out for something like cc 120?
batteries I'm thinking Turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 6S 45~90C
charge them with the iCharger 3010B 1000W 10s Balance/Charger also from hk
with a turnigy 1200w power supply
and have no idea what pinion to run with the standard nitro main gear?
looking forward to opinions/help guys
Cheers
Brent

stokke

Go with 4000W or higher. No need for anything above 4500W unless you're able to lay down the smack hard core and don't mind flying 3 minute flights. 500-560 kv maybe? I'd find out the gearing with the stock pinion before choosing a motor. Gearing is usually specified within the manual for your model.

If you go with 700-800MX motor from Align, a Castle 120HV is a proven combination.

Alternatively if you're on a budget, you can go SK3 motor from Turnigy (used one of those for two years with no probs)

brent

Oh sweet thanks Stokke.
going with the 750mx motor cc 120v esc 112t main gear 12t pinion 104t tail drive gear matched to the 22t front tt gear, from what i've read seems not a bad place to start anyone know what size bullet connectors i need for motor to esc?

stokke

With that gearing I would go with the 530 KV version (head speed in the 2100 range). You should be good with 4mm bullets on the Castle 120.

brent

okay cool thanks, I run 1800 iu1 and 1950 id2 with the nitro but guess the esc/electric like to rev a bit more?
any sugesstions for battery plugs eg ec5 xt 90 etc

stokke

Are you planning to run Governor on your motor? If so, what type?

Personally I use the EC5 connectors since they're so easy to solder.

brent

yes i like using the gov i thought the cc esc has a gov built in so was going to use that?
easy to solder sounds like me ec5 it is :)

stokke

If you're planning on using the Castle GOV then you have to leave room for over head speed.

Check out this tool for helping you choose motor and pinion: HS Calculator

If you want to get in the 1900 range you should maybe get a lower KV motor or lower tooth count pinion.

brent

wow that's a handy tool thanks.
Yes I like the specs of the 750mx motor so seems a 11t pinion would be better suited as most of my flying is with the 1800 head speed only go to 1950 for tick tocs, piro flips etc think I'm pretty much sorted for now thanks heaps for your help will take pics of the tear down and conversion once all the bits get here thanks again Brent.

Top Bottom