Setups FVP Video Cable adapter question

gbakakos

gbakakos

Sorry. I found a video cable I had at home that worked and also took a better look at what they provided. Its a little longer that what I need but it works for now.

I'm surprised at how well the video comes through. Very clear. Have not flow with them on yet. That's a ways off.

Already broke two carbon props just trying to trim the 250 China Quad out. Having a heck of a time keeping it in the air, wavering all over. Every time I trim one way it seems to mess up one of the other directions. Play with Roll and Elevator seems to go off base. Trim throttle and pitch seems get screwed up.

Figure its going to take me a while to figure this out. I have configured this over 20 times. Using a nuber of the profiles in Openpilot.

Thanks All.

I have a RC832 that has a two 2.5.. Outputs.

But I have a monitor that excepts input via a 3.5mm line.

So I need an adapter. Will the one listed below work?

2.5mm Male to 3.5mm Female

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00C4FA46E/ref=sr_1_3_olp?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1441140842&sr=1-3&keywords=2.5+mm+to+3.5+video&condition=new

I'm using this for my googles. Ya I know but for $55 its worth a try to learn on.

Quanum DIY FPV Goggle V2 w/5 inch LCD Monitor (Kit)

Thanks

Tony

Staff member
I would think that cable you linked to would be backwards. I would think you would need a 2.5mm female to 3.5 male. But, you have this figured out.

And no worries on the goggles. I have thought about getting these since it's only one screen. Let us know how you like them. And the only way to get into FPV is to just do it. Start with hovering and very light and slow FF.

gbakakos

I would think that cable you linked to would be backwards. I would think you would need a 2.5mm female to 3.5 male. But, you have this figured out.

And no worries on the goggles. I have thought about getting these since it's only one screen. Let us know how you like them. And the only way to get into FPV is to just do it. Start with hovering and very light and slow FF.

Thanks Tony.

The RC832 Receiver accepts a 2.5 Male but the Monitor for the goggles has a Male 3.5. SO I needed a Male 2.5 that has a Female 3.5 like what was pictured. But as I said I figured out how to just use a regular Red/Yellow/White video cable plus the plugs that came with it. My guess how they intended.

You guys are all great helping us noobs out..... :arms:

Tony

Staff member
Ah, I read that backwards lol. Cool deal.

And we are always here to help. Lots of work has gone into this forum to keep it the friendliest place on the net.

Top Bottom