Futaba Futaba 8j

murankar

Staff member
I think I found my new radio. When ever I get the funds The radio will be top on the list.

I have read most of the specs on it and I am impressed with it. The Price point is Just about spot on.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
I cant stop looking at this radio. I think it might be under the christmas tree this year. I better start saving my money for this one. So far what I have found is that it does not have telemetry, but the T10J does. As with every other Futaba every switch is assignable. Comes with 2 3 way switches and a pot knob (retracks I guess). No external antenna and it has diversity built into the internal antenna.

Model sharing with another 8J is done through a wireless technology, does not have an sd card slot. The lights add to the bling but the back light and jog button light are great looking features.

Yeah I know I am just rambling. In the process of releasing endorphins and feeling good.

Lee

Does look interesting. I think i'd go for the 10J, but by Christmas, you know there'll be something else even better :D

murankar

Staff member
I like the 10j too. The 10j has the servo programmer on the back of the case. The only thing keeping me away from the 10j is the price tag. I don't think I can swing almost 400 on a tx. If I go that route I would look at the 8fg.

I think I am ready for a radio that is more conducive to flying better models. After 4 months of the mini being destroyed I think I nailed cause of the crash. This whole time i have been thinking Brown out, I am leaning to a lock out. I don't want that to happen any time soon.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
I may be changing myself. I was in my LHS and talking with the owner and he put a 8FG in my hands.............big mistake!!!

Actually, the radio fit my hands perfectly and I didn't feel like I was reaching to move the sticks. Especially with right rudder and left cyclic. It was less work to flip the switches as well. I also like the weight and balance. One of the drawbacks for me is it doesn't have model match so extra care is needed to make sure the right aircraft is loaded. I'm looking at the 14SG also. I don't need that many channels but it has telemetry, stick calibrations, voice alerts, complete switch assignability, and the list goes on.

It is even more tempting that a guy at my club has both and offered me great deals on either with the Rx.....

murankar

Staff member
I too was looking at the 8fg. The price point is well above my budget, but then again so is this hobby. Look at the 10j, it has some great features for almost the same price. I really like the s.bus programmer in the back of the radio. Nothing like running a 3 channel rx on a 6 channel heli,

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Well, I made a partial switch. I bought the 8fg from the guy at my fly field. $250 for Tx with a 6208 Rx and a 6203 Rx. I couldn't pass this deal up. I had to clean it up as it was a little dirty but other than that it is in great condition. It's a sweet Tx and fits my hands perfectly. I like the backlighting and adjustable gimbels as well! The manual is a bit to be desired though.........

Last edited:

Barge

Just remember that the T8FG has 14 channels, 2 are digital, a great Tx for heli's or planes and the SBUS is the best system, and if your thinking of going the CGY750 Gyro you have 3 channels for the 3 axis gyro setup.

Top Bottom