Scale Funkey 206 Fuselage

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi again all, thought I'd share this. Here is a Funkey 600 size Bell 206 that came all the way from Hong Kong. I was really impressed at the quality of this fuse for the price. The paint is better then any Roban model I've built. My plan is to fit the ESP clone mechanics into this fuselage but it might take some modifications. I'm not so good at build threads but I'll try to post along the way. Gonna be a while as I will need to outfit the mechanics with a set of electronics. This would be a good starter for anyone looking to get into the scale, semi-scale thing. These are available in 550, 600 and 700 size...IMG_0346 (1).JPG IMG_0347.JPG IMG_0348 (1).JPG

Tony

Staff member
Very interesting! I have actually been thinking about doing a scale build with the 600 Nitro since I never fly it anyway, I might as well make it look good lmao.

Can't wait to see the progress of this helicopter. If you have any questions on posting, just ask.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah, I was thinking of giving the MKS1210’s a try. Lots of people use them on scale projects. I think I will build and fly the mechanics first this time...lol

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Outfitted the 600ESP clone with a good set of electronics and got a 5 minute flight test in pod and boom format this morning. But I only have a minute of video because I was by my self and forgot to re-start my phone.... lol, anyway she flew solid so I can start to fit the mechanics into the fuselage.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Looking forward to the finished project :). It sounds and looks solid. Keep the pics. coming. Video of maiden.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I've been toying with soft mounted mechanics. Another guy I know does this on all his scale builds. He says it really helps with vibration. Got the heli ready for a test flight just need the hurricane to pass.... All up, ready to fly weight is right at 10lbs. Not bad

IMG_0382.JPG
IMG_0383.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi Dino, yeah, John Salt, he gave me the idea for soft mounting the mechanics. He's also the reason I decided to try Funkey. Good stuff.... I kind of wished I painted the skids white, I still might. Hopefully get a flight in this weekend...
T

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Ok so got to flight test this thing this morning. It was dead calm. I was a little more comfortable with it because I know it fly's being I flew the mechanics before. But my crappy piloting skills along with the old go-pro, well you know....lol So I decided to test it with a set of asymmetrical Spin Blades I had on hand from my Huey. It felt like a 600ESP should. Very nice, and a easy build too. I'll try to get some better footage...... T

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That bird looks sweet and sound great. Some nice flying fran11784 too! Thanks for sharing :)

Tony

Staff member
Very nice flight and great looking/sounding helicopter! All of the hard work seems to have paid off!

Top Bottom