Funjet nose job

Lee

Had a very quick flight today, ended very abruptly when the nose ate the ground at high speed. I'm thinking a servo was to blame. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338830386.177013.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338830386.177013.jpg

Lee

Well i wouldn't say that. I've only crashed it twice and both were mechanical failures. Servos are stripped, so i think theres the culprit. They were the crappy stock servos anyway.

murankar

Staff member
UPGRADES are due! better luck next time. sorry about the funjet though. the joys of this hobby!

murankar

Staff member
judging by the pic it might be better to just get a new one. I would think the glue/eppoxy my cause it to be nose heavy.

Lee

Foam Balsa Carbon, doesn't really matter. All ends with a pile of bits in a crash :D At least foam is cheap. I've decided to cut off the broken foam and design a new nose myself to take my new FPV gear.

Tony

Staff member
That should be interesting. Can't wait to see the final product. IMO that jet is not the best platform for FPV, but it will sure be fun lol.

Lee

I know that it flys fast but it is also very docile and stable at slow speeds. Anyway as i just mentioned in another thread, i have a mentor now for FPV, so exciting times to come.

Lee

Nose is done. New sleeker profile with flat on the nose for the camera.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339508068.178686.jpg
Found coloured tape for 60 cents a roll.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339508095.194868.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339508068.178686.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339508095.194868.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339508273.826663.jpg

Lee

Disaster!!! I'm sure the CG was good. Slightly nose heavy as it was before the nose job. But on launching it went into a climb and stalled straight into the ground :( My new nose survived but it broke further back. I'm very close to scrapping it now and transferring the elecs to something new ;)
My thoughts on the problem are that the nose shape caused a lift effect making the plane climb with throttle.

Lee

Yeh its only 35 bucks for a new fuse and i can keep the old one for spare wings if something happens.

Top Bottom