700 Full Carbon Canomod Canopy

Camaron

Hi Guys. I have own a Goblin 500, 630 Competition and a 700. Canomod has a full carbon fibre canopy and boom available that looks awesome and I am concidering purchasing this for my 630 at first. I have the AR7200 bx with additional satellite on all my choppers and use a Spektrum DX9 radio. Seeing that CF blocks signal I was wondering if going this root would be safe or not.

Please give me your input and for those of you that has upgraded to this CF canopy, please share your findings

Thanks

Tony

Staff member
You will definately want to run the long antenna wire and the satellite outside the canopy somehow.

cml001

May wanna place the sat on the bottom.. Maybe drill a small hole in the canopy to route the long wire off the ar7200 thru.

dwmoore

I've got a sat mounted underneath the heli in between the rear landing gear struts. Maintains line of sight with tx in normal flight and well away from canopy.

camaronparker77

Thanks for the replies thus far guys. So I dont suppose running just an ar7200bx alone will suffice then. Maybe I should make sure that the fbl unit's antennas also reaches to the outside of the canopy. Do I rather then just not buy the carbon canopy and stick to the normal one?

Lee

Personally, I wouldn't use a carbon canopy.
Putting a giant RF shield around your heli, you're just asking for trouble.

Lee

Good mate. :D
I think of canopies as disposable items :D
Spending as little on them as possible, because the first crash is gonna damage them.
Maybe having one as a hanger queen canopy, just for show :D

cml001

That's what do too... I have 3 canopy for the 450 gathered from experience
in Lee's concept. The original, a second cause I wanted another color.. And a another of that color that's still "new".. The 550 I got lucky in an unlucky situation ending up with 2. I call the ruffed up ones "battle gear" and the clean ones "ballroom dress". Lol

camaronparker77

The reason why I wanted this carbon canopy is because it so flippin pretty. I love the colour schemes, the downfall is that its almost doubke the price of a normal canopy. I must just get another normal ballroom canooy then

Lee

You can get a standard one painted in the colour scheme you like. It doesn't have to be carbon.

Top Bottom