Videos FT Sparrow FPV

Stambo

Decided to try my new Eachine TX03 micro FPV setup on my Sparrow.
I am quite pleased with the results, this video really does not do it justice.
It was quite late in the day and the sun had already disappeared behind the hills.
This was recorded on my Dominator V3 DVR with the VTX set at 50mw. It is capable of 200mw but for this little plane I don't think I need it.
I chopped the middle of the flight out as 8 minutes of this would probably get a bit boring. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:throwup: Sorry about that Stambo, I get air sick , Lol. Nice flight. When it comes to FPV flying for you, which one do you prefer to fly the most, airplanes or quads? also which antenna do you have on your goggles?

Stambo

:throwup: Sorry about that Stambo, I get air sick , Lol. Nice flight. When it comes to FPV flying for you, which one do you prefer to fly the most, airplanes or quads? also which antenna do you have on your goggles?

It's kinda hard to choose, they both have their merits.
Despite what you see in that video, airplanes are a bit more relaxed, especially when there is no wind (Very rare here recently).
The FT Sparrow, and the FT Arrow to a lesser extent, tend to get thrown around a bit by the slightest winds due to their light weight and large wing area.
My heavier 4s powered wing less so, but I have yet to FPV fly that as I am still ironing out the wrinkles so to speak.
The AXN I prefer to fly on a nice still day, it is so cool to view the world below and take in the beauty, cut the engine and glide around in silence, so relaxing .
For me quads are more... hectic and busy.
I tend to fly closer to the ground and obstacles and requires complete concentration.
Having said that I am slowly developing my Blackout 360 for some nice gentle, smooth aerial video.
I enjoy both but my heart is with the quads, especially when you fly with a few other people.
For me nothing beats the rush of flying just inches off the ground at 50 or 60 mph avoiding obstacles and chasing other quads. :D

As far as antennas go, I use a ground station with an Immersion duo 5800 v3.
It has a 7 coil helical on one channel and an Immersion Spironet on the other.
I find it far superior to having an antenna on my goggles.
It does mean I am tethered but I generally have to sit down when flying FPV so that does not bother me. :)

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Stambo, if you don't mind can you post up a picture of your FPV ground station? I would be interested in building one my self.

Stambo

Another FT Sparrow FPV flight, trying to get a bit lower now.
VTX camera combo now set to 200mw, gives much better reception.
DOG I will get some pics of that ground station up soon, it's pretty basic though.
Just a small piece of plywood with everything attached and mounted on a tripod.

PS keep the barf bags ready. :D

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I've used that Tx03 camera before on my tiny whoop Stambo. I though it work just fine for a Eachine product. I would like to see your ground station when you have a chance. I've notice that most ground station are for planes? If I'm correct Tony and Derek mention I wouldn't need a ground station. With the area I fly around at, it's probably the best reception I'm going to get. With all the trees, power lines, concrete block structure surrounding me :(. I'm not sure If I shouldn't build a ground station for my quads. It couldn't hurt.

Stambo

Here you go, I use this for everything, including a ground pounder.
Gives far better reception with the directional antenna pointed to the right direction.

2017-06-13 17.22.23.jpg

Top Bottom