Other Frsky Radio

WyDiablo

I just received my Taranis this week and I have really enjoyed using it above the spektrum DX7. Now I have all kinds of 3-way switches and knobs. I"m now able to get the full benefits of the naza-m and a few other things as well.

murankar

Staff member
The only hard part is the software. Other than that its a great radio.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Stambo

Agreed, the software has a steep learning curve but there are plenty of templates to get you started.
Hooking it up to the PC lets you study the templates and models and modify to your hearts content.
Copying bits from one to another is easy and something you cannot do directly in the TX.
The first thing I did with mine was remove the ratchet on the throttle.
Flying quads, the notches were a little too coarse.
I think I need to dismantle it again and lube the tensioner too, or maybe back off the tension a little.

Do a youtube search for scott page, he has many vids that will help with setup.
I thought my 9x was a good budget radio but this thing rocks.

WyDiablo

After I got mine and started looking at all I was going to have to do to the radio to get up and flying I said "Holy crap" But after messing around with the taranis and a few videos on the web it starting getting pretty simple. I only have one more quad (TBS) to program into the taranis and I will be set. I have already test flown my X4 650MM quad it every thing is fine. I got all the switches that I us setup for voice and I have many switches left over :).

murankar

Staff member
My 9x with er9x is almost the same thing but i think the taranis has some better quality parts on it.

Want to really learn how to program it do a heli or a plank with more the 2 servos. It can get complicated quick. Throttle hold is not easy to program because there are at least three ways to do it and some ways are better than others.

Good luck and have fun with it.

Stambo

My 9x with er9x is almost the same thing but i think the taranis has some better quality parts on it.

Want to really learn how to program it do a heli or a plank with more the 2 servos. It can get complicated quick. Throttle hold is not easy to program because there are at least three ways to do it and some ways are better than others.

Good luck and have fun with it.

It has a good templates for them Uri.
I started with setting up my quads and micro's and when I got to the heli's I loaded and modified a template.
The wizard in companion is pretty good too.

Stambo

Spend a little more and get one with a home direction indicator.
I have the G-OSD v3 and I am very happy with it.
Costs a bit more but I think it's worth it for the RTH indicator.

murankar

Staff member
I know it has templates. But for my use i cant use the templates. The heli stuff assumes fly bared head at 120°. I have a fbl at 120°. My gyro does not want any mixes at all in the radio. So using a template just wont work. Unless a 0 mix template is integrated to the software.

Top Bottom