450 From Flybar to Flybarless

Rackman

Good morning to you all & I hope you have been doing well, well I have decided to convert my Align 450 Pro over to a flybarless unit.
I found an AR7200BX online last night & the Guy was willing to throw the Rotorhead in as well for a
$100.00 & ship at no cost to me. Just thought I'd would get the opinion of others here seeing I have never
want to move up just a bit timid. lol I'm hoping I won't run into to many snags along the way. is there
anyone here that might have some advice to give if I go on (Rack)

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Good morning Rackman. Don't be timid. I have 2 AR7200BX and AR7300BX FBL unit and you will love it. Easy to setup, rock solid and don't need a computer to help set the unit up. As for flybar vs flybarless you have less working parts on the FBL to adjust and repair. Just get it all together an go have fun flying. Any questions just ask away and remember :voidh: Good Luck! :). BTW $100.00 for unit & rotorhead jump on it. If the unit works.

Last edited:

Rackman

Will do Thanks D.O.G well I also hope the price is right shopped around a little and seen much higher prices so, :arms:,lol just hope everything fits looking forward to it even

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Very nice catch on getting that helicopter. I too am making that first step in a FBL bird. Doing a lot of reading before programing my ZYX S-2 Gyro in my Augusta A109. Never been so nervous in my life:bellyroll:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Learning this will be good experience, let me tell why. Once I get this down pat on the Augusta 109, have given this serious thought of another FBL unit for my CH54. Found a 450 (5) blade head on ebay. If I'm going to do it then do it RIGHT. :hdbng:

Smoggie

Sounds like you are petty much set for the conversion. Sometimes servos and the BEC in the ESC need to be upgraded for flybarless because the demands of a FBL system on the servos is a lot greater than FB. But in this case i suspect you will be ok as long as the servos are decent quality. If it's all standard Align kit then they may well be the same servos as were used in the FBL version.

buel williams

Good morning to you all & I hope you have been doing well, well I have decided to convert my Align 450 Pro over to a flybarless unit.
I found an AR7200BX online last night & the Guy was willing to throw the Rotorhead in as well for a
$100.00 & ship at no cost to me. Just thought I'd would get the opinion of others here seeing I have never
want to move up just a bit timid. lol I'm hoping I won't run into to many snags along the way. is there
anyone here that might have some advice to give if I go on (Rack)
hey rackman I myself swear by the 7200bx units I have 6 of them. converted a TT mini titan using align 450 head dfc. I used the TT main shaft and swash plate but had to extend rotor grip push rods. I also used align 450 and 455 servos . The little thing flys excellent and hovers almost hands free.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I agree with rackman. They're great unit that makes setup easy. I have 2 AR7200BX,AR7300BX & BeastX that I use on my birds since I started flying :).

Rackman

Wow that's awesome James for sure, glad to hear even. please keep us informed of your progress of your CH54 I'm pumped to hear that your pushing forth to build something so complicated as such. I've just been putting the finish tough to my Align 450 with going brushless and hope to say it all went well ,, D.O.G said it's pretty easy to setup and so far he's right after going through the setup process all seems to be working well. now I just need to find out how to post that video when it comes time. But again congratulations on your award & all..

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Rackman, very happy to hear of your progress. You and others have really motivated me and I appreciate that very much. Will also do a video down the road.:biggrin1:

Rackman

sweet would really enjoy seeing a vid. hope to do a few here as well . I'm thinking I found internet issue mouse chewing into phone wire lol.. down under house
oh well just something more to add to each day:dizzy::nightmare:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
In Vietnam we had tunnel rats, soldiers who went down into holes to find the enemy and take them out. All they carried was a 45 cal and a flash light.

Top Bottom