Setups Frequensies in UK

Lee

Which set ups John?
If you are talking about FPV Frequencies then you are very restricted over there. Legally on 5.8Ghz, you can only use 25mw of power i think. But if you go to any FPV shop online in the UK, they don't sell anything lower than 100mW. So most people must be flying against the law. For Long range systems, you cannot use 433mhz like you can in the US and AUS.

Derek

Which set ups John?
If you are talking about FPV Frequencies then you are very restricted over there. Legally on 5.8Ghz, you can only use 25mw of power i think. But if you go to any FPV shop online in the UK, they don't sell anything lower than 100mW. So most people must be flying against the law. For Long range systems, you cannot use 433mhz like you can in the US and AUS.

Oh wow!!! That sucks!!!! Do you have any idea why the limitations, over there, are so extreme???

Lee

I don't know. My DX8 is from the US. Its actually illegal here. On the old DX6I you had they option to set power to US or EU, but not on the DX8. Unlikely that anyone is going to come and tell me i'm doing something wrong here. I do know my friend has a 433 system and when he turns it on near the car park, nobody can open there car doors with there key fobs LOL

Derek

I don't know. My DX8 is from the US. Its actually illegal here. On the old DX6I you had they option to set power to US or EU, but not on the DX8. Unlikely that anyone is going to come and tell me i'm doing something wrong here. I do know my friend has a 433 system and when he turns it on near the car park, nobody can open there car doors with there key fobs LOL

That's hilarious!!!

That was the answer Lee, so basically its only 5.8ghz.I find a pain in the butt that we are so restricted in the UK it you need some
kind of licence for everything and anything.
OK guys thanks for all the answers but it just seems to bring up more questions.

Top Bottom