Free at last

Ken Jackson

Maybe my helicopter hobby helped a little but I finally broke up with my girlfriend of almost 5 years. Great sex but she was the meanest person and loved to argue. She was very effective at it. I am reserved and don't react in anger almost ever. She has no problem lashing out and reacts with out thinking. Definite clash of personalities which I pointed out a couple of years ago but she was determined to change me and get me to marry her.

Damn I've been through a ringer but I prevailed and couldn't be happier.

Bought my first RC Plane today.

OK I like this forum Tony, I needed to vent and shout to the world, Lol.
Ken

Stambo

Lol I did the same a couple of years ago after a 10 year thing and apart from missing the heck out of our son I am much happier now.
I get to do what I want, when I want and I can buy my "toys" as she liked to call them.
I get to spend quality time with my son every second weekend, and it is quality time.
The down side is she cooked a lot better than me. :)

Ken Jackson

Thanks, it sure feels great so far, got a busy summer lined up with my son. Stock car racing, drag racing and the IRCHA is about a 2 hour drive from my house. Man I am so excited!

Have a great summer yourself!

Ken

Tony

Staff member
Breakups suck no matter how you look at them. But it sounds like you were in a relationship that you didn't want to be in and it's best the way it turned out from the way it sounds. I have been with my wife for 14 years and I couldn't be happier. She loves this hobby, wants me to be MORE involved in it and we very rarely argue. When we do, it's fun. Well, the "making up" is fun hehe.

For your next relationship, you now know the ground rules that you have to set and she has to agree to. Maybe you will get lucky and find one that likes the hobby as much as you do. That would be awesome.

xokia

For your next relationship, you now know the ground rules that you have to set and she has to agree to. Maybe you will get lucky and find one that likes the hobby as much as you do. That would be awesome.
I've been with mine 17 years my hobby is tolerated lol! You should feel lucky if you found one that actually enjoys it.

Tony

Staff member
Trust me, it's great. I just look at her and say "I need to purchase another helicopter/plane, it's for the forum" and she looks at me kinda confused then says "okay, if it's for the forum" hehe.

Graham Lawrie

I have been married for 3 but with her for 8. Ups and downs like everyone. Sorry to hear about break ups . Tony is right, never easy. I have a saying, What's meant for you will not go past you:)

Man I loved on my own time:) lol

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Sorry to here of your troubles Ken. I know how your feeling inside. I'm going thru the same thing with my GF. We broke up a few weeks ago. Been living together for 3 years. All of a sudden out of the blue she decides she wants no more. Talk about being stabbed in the back! Then I'm the one that's sapposed to move out! Don't think so. We will see. We kind of agreed to be roommates for now but I have the feeling that its not going to happen for long. Too bad cause our place is so perfect for me. Garage, basement Rc shop, and big enough driveway for my boat to be parked. Right on the snowmobile trail. And big enough back yard to fly out of. Oh well!

wolfman76

Sorry to hear that you were going through that Ken but everything is probably allot less stressful now though i bet... I have been with my lady for 13 years wands 4 kids later we still have or ups and downs and i wish she was a little more supportive of my rc hobby but she accepts it kinda i guys i am going to have to get a axe cp heli for house so she can try to get hooked like me... I am going to try to get her to go to IRCHAA this year since i grew up bout less then an hour away from the AMA headquarters in Shelbyville Hope to c you and Derek there if you guys go..

RMB677

Sorry to hear about the relationships gone bad but there are also many that are successful. I've been married going on 46 years. During that time I've been through a few different hobbies and though she has had little interest in most of them she has always been supportive. She retired 2 weeks ago, me 10 yrs. - job disappeared, took early retirement, so we'll see how things go with her being home all the time.:peaceful:

Lee

Hope you find a better match for you next time Ken. My wife isn't really interested in flying, but she is supportive of me and if i need something, she tells me to buy it, as long as we can afford it.

danhampson

Sorry to hear that ken, it will all work itself out, ive been with my GF for 4 years, shes not interested in my flying really but puts up with our kitchen being my workshop and the bedroom being the aircraft hanger lol.
I hope you find someone who wants you for you and to to change you into someone they want.
All the best pal.

Ken Jackson

Sorry to here of your troubles Ken. I know how your feeling inside. I'm going thru the same thing with my GF. We broke up a few weeks ago. Been living together for 3 years. All of a sudden out of the blue she decides she wants no more. Talk about being stabbed in the back! Then I'm the one that's sapposed to move out! Don't think so. We will see. We kind of agreed to be roommates for now but I have the feeling that its not going to happen for long. Too bad cause our place is so perfect for me. Garage, basement Rc shop, and big enough driveway for my boat to be parked. Right on the snowmobile trail. And big enough back yard to fly out of. Oh well!

That sucks dude. My situation was the roommate thing with benefits but women are not capable of that. They keep thinking they can change you and everything will work out. We've been breaking up for 2 years. One reason she didn't want to leave was we have an awesome place, garage, basement, big helicopter work bench. I was prepared to move but came up with the ideal to give her enough money to move out easily. Cost me $2,500 but it worked. So far we are still friends. If your GF is the one who wants to end it she should move, don't know if you can swing it but bribe money worked for me, Lol.

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone for your comments and support. After a 30 year marriage and and a 5 year relationship I'm thinking I'm going to stay single for a while.
Never been one to mess around and picking women up in a bar, no thanks. Besides I can't shower in a raincoat, Lol. I'll hold out for the right one.

Ken

xokia

When they give you grief regarding your hobbies just take them shoe or purse shopping. I usually try to include mine in every hobby I do and try to find ways to make it fun for them. She has her own motocross bike and her own firearms. The last one might not have been a good idea LOL!

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I will have been married 29 years at the end of the month. We definitely have had our ups/downs, but I love my wife way more than words can tell. I don't blame you one little bit for getting out of an abusive relationship, though, Ken. The relationship with my wife is good and has weathered a lot of storms, but sometimes it doesn't work out so well. Like said, hopefully the next one will be better. Having a partner who enjoys what you do makes a large difference, no doubt. Rereading your last post, seems like you've been around the block a time or two, so I'll just shut up at this point. Enjoy your freedom and your hobbies! :D

BOKI

kenjack; I hear you on that! I went through before I found My Soul Mate & she is just Great! The Best of luck with flying your new Plane & your Helicopter!

- - - Updated - - -

kenjack; I hear you on that! I went through before I found My Soul Mate & she is just Great! The Best of luck with flying your new Plane & your Helicopter! The Best

Dirk

Hi Ken, sorry to hear about your misfortune. I was also in a hellish marriage until about 5 years ago. That was the main reason I stopped flying. She said I've never grown up because I still played with "toys". How rude!!

My new girlfriend is totally the opposite. She lets me fly whenever I want to. She's even talked about joining me and also flying. Mmmm......time to get another heli for her.

Ken Jackson

I will have been married 29 years at the end of the month. We definitely have had our ups/downs, but I love my wife way more than words can tell. I don't blame you one little bit for getting out of an abusive relationship, though, Ken. The relationship with my wife is good and has weathered a lot of storms, but sometimes it doesn't work out so well. Like said, hopefully the next one will be better. Having a partner who enjoys what you do makes a large difference, no doubt. Rereading your last post, seems like you've been around the block a time or two, so I'll just shut up at this point. Enjoy your freedom and your hobbies! :D

No need to shut up. I don't think it matters how many times you've been around the block, women change the rules on us so fast and so often the block is never what you think. Ever noticed when you come home thinking your in trouble everything is OK. But when you come home thinking everything is OK, Boom your in deep doodoo! Women should write down their rules (guidelines) so we know what to expect. Not fair that they get to change this up at the drop of a hat or their mood swings.

Lets face it women rule the roost, Lol

Ken

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Sorry for the loss....but were you dating my ex lol the description fit her profile. I too am lovin the single life...funny thing though, my daughter is similar to her mom, but keeps me in check and I would be in trouble if not for her. keep your head up buddy.

Top Bottom