500 Frame rates - 11ms or 22ms?

Tom1234

Hi
I try to setup my dx6 to a msh brain fbl unit with two spectrum satellites.
In the brain software I can thoose "dsmx 2048 11ms" but my tx bind the satellites in 22ms. Is that a problem and can that be the reason why the brain has no green light?
The frame rate in dx6 can not be set to 11ms.
Thanks

Smoggie

Some versions of the DX6 dont support 11ms frame rate. It's not a big deal, you wont notice the difference.

murankar

Staff member
The 11ms is the latency not the frame rate. As Steve said you won't notice any difference.

Latency is the time delay between a stick input and the reaction at the model. Ie, you give right aileron at the stick, there is a slight pause then the model reacts.

The frame rate is the 2048 and in order to have that your servos have to handle it also. Again this is trivial.

Tom1234

Thanks for this good explanation.
I have only red light on the brain fbl so I'm searching for any reasons

Derek

Is that red light blinking? if it is blinking, that's likely your "setup" indicator. If it blinks once, that means you are in setup 1. Blinks twice, setup 2. Blinks 3 times, setup 3. At least, that's the way it is on my 600.

Tom1234

Yes it is blinking 3 times. But I can't get a green light. Only red. Do you know how to get a green light?
When I connect the brain to the pc I can see the brains serial no in the software and it is only the throttle stick that moves in panel 5. All the other sticks don't move.

Smoggie

Actually the 11ms / 22ms thing IS the frame rate. Setting 11ms does give you lower latency (which is the general idea) but the setting itself is 'frame rate'.

Frame rate is the rate at which the receiver sends 'frames' of data to the servos. So 11ms means one frame of data every 11ms and 22ms means one frame of data every 22ms (half as often). With Spektrum this is synchronised with the rate at which the Tx sends data to the Rx and this is all set up during binding. Not all transmitters or receivers support 11ms, and it should only be used with digital servos.

Only the very latest version of the DX6 (product code SPM6750) supports 11ms, all previous versions are 22ms only.

Top Bottom