Setups FPV starter Components

WyDiablo

Ok I was looking at the components in the starter kit. I have a camera wire harness attached to the cmos camera with a plug that goes into the tx. I also have a harness with a tx plug that has bare wires on the other end. Is that so a person can make a longer camera to tx cable by cutting off the plug on the cable from the camera and soldering the other cables together? I have found the extra battery cable extension and I pretty much know what that's for. Just trying to sort this stuff out guys.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Those are audio video wires. Also power to the camera. I had to soder A plug on those wires and my camera plugs into them. It would help if you took pics of everything to see what you have! Yellow should be video, Red and Black i think are audio, and the other two are power. The tx should have A built in mike. so you don't need the audio wires.

WyDiablo

Sure pm phone number

- - - Updated - - -

Sure pm phone number

- - - Updated - - -

Sure pm me with your phone number

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Is the tring by the camera some sort of tilt and pan thing? The wires are self explanitory if you plug them into the tx. Green is Right audio, Whight is left audio, yellow is video, black is ground for the camera and red is the 5v output for the camera. just look at the tx and its labled. Now im not sure but I had to soder A plug onto the other end to plug my camera to the wireing harness. My cazmera had A servo plug on it. The audio I did not use cause there is A mike built in on the tx. So i don't use audio when flying. My gopro records the audio when videoing.

Lee

That cable is a spare from what i can see, for if you use another camera. The camera you have already has the cable attached.

WyDiablo

That's what I thought also a spare. But I could use that cable for an extension to the cable line from the camera right? Also I have the F550 Hexa so where in your opinion would be the best place to mount the tx. If I mount it under the hexa would i need to point the antenna towards the ground?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
That's what I thought also a spare. But I could use that cable for an extension to the cable line from the camera right? Also I have the F550 Hexa so where in your opinion would be the best place to mount the tx. If I mount it under the hexa would i need to point the antenna towards the ground?

Yes you would point the antena towards the ground. Make sure your landing skids are tall enough. You might have to modify them a bit.

Lee

Mount it as far away from your other radio gear as you can. Mounting it underneath would work. Cons are, more prone to damage on landings, and signal blocked by copter in banking turns.

WyDiablo

Right now its on top of the hexa right where arm 3 connects to the hexa top plate. I have not tried the FPV flight yet still trying to get my nerves up LOLOLOL.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
:throwup::throwup::throwup:Git her done! Lol. You can do Los flight and have someone look thru the goggles to see what's what. That's how I began. I let my GF use the goggles and a flight or two later I got th nerve up!

:throwup::throwup::throwup::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

WyDiablo

Right now I"m waiting on replacemnet bearings for 2 of my motors. This morning while testing the video quality of the cmos camera I could hear the high pitch squeal of the bearings. I"m also about ready to just buy 2 new motors and have 2 for a spare..

WyDiablo

Well the Tiger motors are really not that hard to break down. Gets getting the bearings that's a real pisser. They have come out with rev1 and rev 2 of the same motor and I have the rev 2. But the dealers that stock the motors only have the bearings for the rev 1. So right now I guess its just a long wait for the bearings.

Lee

Here in the UK we have a company called model fixings. What ever bearing size you need they will have it. I'm sure there is a place in the states that does the same thing?

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, we have quite a few places that sell bearings. Any size you may need. As for taking motors apart, keep in mind what I'm going through with this OS 55 HZ. the bolts in the head will not come out no matter what I do and will have to be drilled out. so sometimes they can be a real pain when you expect them to be easy. I'm guessing red thread lock was used on this one and you should expect the same from any used part until you know for sure by taking it apart.

Top Bottom