Misc FPV setup question

WyDiablo

Askig the pros about this FPV system. I have heard a lot of users on other fourms say that it was thier first system and they are still using it now. It does not come with googles. And I was wondering if fat shark goggles will connect to this system. HK will not answer my question on the matter. They say that they do not have that type of info LOL.

Lee

Yes if you are talking about the 200mW 5.8Ghz system from china. The goggles will fit any system. I still have mine, but i now use the integrated RX for the Dominator goggles and 600mW TX. It means i can walk around without long wires coming out of the side of my goggles and getting caught up.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Yes if you are talking about the 200mW 5.8Ghz system from china. The goggles will fit any system. I still have mine, but i now use the integrated RX for the Dominator goggles and 600mW TX. It means i can walk around without long wires coming out of the side of my goggles and getting caught up.

Lee I bought the RX for the fat sharks too. Will it work with any TX or just the immersion TX?

Lee

Only with Immersion RC/Fatshark TXs The frequencies are different to the R302/Chinese/Hobbyking style. I fly with a friend, which is great fun chasing around the sky. Problem is, now though we are both on the same system we cannot fly at the same time, even on different frequencies we see ghosting of each others image. So i'm keeping the Chinese one for when we fly together and the Fatshark for everything else.

WyDiablo

I think I will hold off the FPV for a while until I am sure I can get the right stuff together. Everytime I go and buy the so called cheap deal I end up spending more money to get things sorted out than I would if I bought the expensive combo. So for right now I"m pleased with just the outcome of my simple video using my gopro. No JELLO and no VIBRATIONS.
Thanks to all you guys for your replies and help I will be back later LOL.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Only with Immersion RC/Fatshark TXs The frequencies are different to the R302/Chinese/Hobbyking style. I fly with a friend, which is great fun chasing around the sky. Problem is, now though we are both on the same system we cannot fly at the same time, even on different frequencies we see ghosting of each others image. So i'm keeping the Chinese one for when we fly together and the Fatshark for everything else.

Ok I don't have a cheep system. I bought Craig's 600 system. It has 2 805 RX's and a diversity system. So I'm not sure if it will work. It will work however if I hard wire the fat sharks to the diversity. Just not sure if the fat shark TX will work with the 600 TX.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I think I will hold off the FPV for a while until I am sure I can get the right stuff together. Everytime I go and buy the so called cheap deal I end up spending more money to get things sorted out than I would if I bought the expensive combo. So for right now I"m pleased with just the outcome of my simple video using my gopro. No JELLO and no VIBRATIONS.
Thanks to all you guys for your replies and help I will be back later LOL.

If you need to know what you need just ask. The goggles will work with and system. I would go with a 500 or 600 system though. Better range.

Tasajara

I have bought most of my Items from ReadyMadeRC.com Great guy to deal with. He will stand behind all his equipment.
I have used 5.8gHz and it works great for short to Medium range. I now fly 1.3gHz because I want to do long range.
The 300mw 1.3gHz has the same range if not farther than a 500mw in 5.8gHz.
But keep in mind that if you fly 2.4gHz on your radio you can only do 900mHz or 5.8gHz with good results.
Anything like 1.3gHz will kill your radio range if using 2.4 Radio.

Because I use 1.3gHz I converted my 9c Futaba radio to UHF. It want interfere with my 1.3gHz video, plus I can fly out miles now.
I am adding an EZOSD to my plane this weekend so I can get an Idea how far out I have been flying. Along with a lot of other info.

I am in no way an expert , but if you have questions I will give it my best shot to help you with an answer. As will anyone else on here.

This is my ground station I use now.

07 -  long range.JPG

06 -  long range.JPG

05 -  long range.JPG

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I'm in process of putting together a system like lee has. You would need the dominator goggles, the 5.8 RX for the goggles, ad an imersion 5.8 tx. Pluss the battery for the goggles. Using the RX that fit In The goggles you don't need a ground station. The station is in the goggles. And you are wireless. Just look at what Lee posted up for parts above!

WyDiablo

Yea I saw the equipment that Lee posted up top. I'm still trying to save my $$ while still gettig use to the multirotor. Not really in a hurry to get the FPV right away. But thanks for the info.

Lee

My "Ground station" :D

543035_374476869307034_1417873412_n.jpg

Lee

The comment i put in Facebook was: "flying my RC Heli with a blindfold on was quite tricky" LOL :D

Top Bottom