Videos FPV around the MX Track

Tasajara

I was just crusing around the mx track a little Sunday .....

Last edited by a moderator:

wolfman76

Great flying as always Craig... And man you sure know how to make me miss my dirt bike Craig lol

xokia

That's a pretty nice MX track. I love MX but I'm not much of a trail rider. Actually I hate trail riding. I'd rather have a track that everyone goes around in the same direction where the jumps are well kept and you know what's on the other side. I'm jealous!!

I'm a little biased though couple years ago I was hit by a 4 wheeler broke 6 ribs and punctured a lung :(

Couple questions on your FPV setup what radio do you use? Does the 2.4Ghz Tx stuff work well? I would think a lower frequency would have more energy to travel through obstacles. I was looking at some of the fatshark setups are they any good? These are running at 5.8Ghz and I would think would also have issues with obstacles in its path since the frequency is so high. I've been looking into this stuff a lot recently looks like fun.

Tasajara

Thanks Guys...

Yep 900Mhz and 1.3Ghz work well around trees and travel through obstacles. The 5.8 don't do well behind trees... I use 433Mhz on my radio with the 1.3Ghz video.
My friend uses 2.4Ghz on his radio and 900Mhz, so he flew the same area I did with just a small flicker from time to time. I also got a few flickers my self.
But it was a pretty good signal all in all.

The MX track has not been raced on in a while, they dress it up with a tractor if they are having a race.
Here is a shot clipped from one of my flights to show the whole track.

MX Track.jpg

MX Track.jpg

Last edited:

Karubah

Nice Video Craig. Wheres the musac.!!and did you have mud gripping props on it looked fairly wet? :biglaugh:

Tasajara

LOL it didn't happen over night... I just buy a little at a time until I get all the stuff I need for my setups...

Top Bottom