Forum Testing

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure that you remember about a week ago we were having a LOT of issues with the forum and I could not figure out why. I did end up finding the issue and it was the API with facebook that was causing it. Well this needs to be corrected and we need to get the facebook sign-in back as well as the "publish to facebook".

I will be reactivating all of the functions of the facebook API this week and trying to narrow each one down to find out what one is causing the issues. There are only about 15 different hooks that it can be, so it's going to take some time. I will enable each one, one by one, until I see the issues again, then, I will turn the last one off. This will tell me what the issue is.

Let me know if you see the issues again. Remember to look in the URL bar of your internet browser. If at the very end of it you see "#_=_", then the issue is back. Please post in this tread immediately if you see it. Multiple eyes are better than one when finding these issues.

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
thanks for all the effort, and wish you luck in a speedy diagnosis. Funny that I never noticed anything was wacko.

Tony

Staff member
That's a good thing. The FB API was messing up everything from editing post, to us moving posts, to the forum becoming VERY sluggish and almost non responsive. I'm hoping that this doesn't happen again with this testing, but it might hence this thread. If it does happen, I know how to get rid of it quickly, but want to do some testing so that I can create a custom hook for it to work properly. Just takes time.

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
now that you mention it I do remember not having the "edit" button, at the time I thought it was just a need minimum post count before all forum actions kick in.

Tony

Staff member
You have to have 100 posts to edit your own posts. So you may not have been up there at the time. The edit button was still there, but when you clicked on it, it would not work, just a blank white page.

Lee

I tried to change my settings to ice skin, but it doesn't stay. As soon as i change page it goes back to fire, even if i make Ice the default.

Tony

Staff member
I switched over to Ice after I read your post, then went and read two other threads and it never changed. I really hate to say this, but can you reset your cookies and cache? You may still have an old one.

What browser are you on? Did this happen before I made this thread (not this post, thsi thread)?

Slobberdog

Hey Tony, not sure if this is a problem or not but when I come Into the forum on mobile device that is iPad or iPhone it does multiple resizing on me, but only on the home page

Tony

Staff member
Ok it seems to be a google chrome thing. Working fine on Safari.

Chrome is what I use on my lappy. I have tried and tried, but can't get it to do what you are talking about. I'm still trying with the api back in place though.

Hey Tony, not sure if this is a problem or not but when I come Into the forum on mobile device that is iPad or iPhone it does multiple resizing on me, but only on the home page

I just checked this on my note II and couldn't replicate it. I will keep trying though.

Lee

Just tried again. Log into here on Safari, and Ice comes straight up. Log into Chrome, and fire comes up, even though i have set Ice to the default. Oh well i'll use Safari for now :)

Tony

Staff member
That's interesting thought that it would do it on you, but not on me. After 12 days or so (lets say two weeks), come back to Chrome and give it a shot. That should be enough time for the forum to place a new cookie on your computer.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
So Ok I'm on my desktop! I switch it to ICE. Soon has I click onto the next page, it goes back to FIRE! What's up with that?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh YA. Windows 7 and IE not sure witch one!

Tony

Staff member
Log out of the forum, then clear your cookies and cache. You still have an old cookie on there. Should be resolved after that.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I thought of that about 1/2 after I left for dinner sat night. Did it when I got home and yes it worked. Lol I did not realize it had been that long since I fired up my dest top!

Top Bottom