Forum Spam, Have You Gotten It?

Tony

Staff member
It has come to my attention here lately that there may be an issue with the forum. Have any of you had a redirect to Adult Friend Finder? if you have, please report the page to me so that I cna try to track this virus down. I have gotten it on my lappy and my desktop and it's quite annoying.

Like I said, if you get this, let me know when and where. You can post it here, or you can email me. I'm hoping it was just a virus on my computers but just in case it's something on the forum, I cna take care of it. If I'm not able to find it, I will just wipe the server and do a clean install of the forum. this will remove all of the themes, but it's the best way to clean it out with as many files as we have on here.

Let me know.

wolfman76

i had it last night tony when i was talking to lee bout the ldy bug quad he bought his wife when i went to click on a link he gave me it redirected me to an adult site and no matter how much i clicked the back button it would not let me go back to the forum i had to re-type the forums web addy in the address bar to get back

RandyDSok

I haven't seen the exploit ( it isn't a virus btw ) yet... I will say that it isn't uncommon for these to actually be on the ad server and not an the forum directly. Then anytime that "ad" comes arounds, whomever get it is redirected.

Other potential areas of the forum itself that are commonly hit... the themes themselves. If this happens, it is usually only with one theme and reloading them from a backup can resolve the issue. If it is the theme, they usually target the forum's default theme.

Tony

Staff member
You are right Randy, it's an exploit. 4 hours of sleep in over 48 hours tends to get you to type stuff that you don't mean lmao. But you have a good point about the ads. I have never paid any attention to the ones that are showing when it redirects. I will have to look closer and see if I can catch it. If it happens again, and I do catch it, I will be doing some changing on the ads that this site is posting. I thought I had all of that crap turned off.

Kyle, Let me know if it happens again. If this keeps up, I do apologize to everyone, but it will be time for a clean install of the forum software. Just start from scratch with a clean slate. And when that happens, there will only be one theme since I don't have the time to recreate all of them. Constant pounding out on the forum, I can do 1 theme in about 4 hours. There is a LOT of crap that you have to change. But I will do everything I can to get rid of this crap and keep it off my forum.

Tony

Staff member
I was really hoping it was just something on my personal network of computers. ugh...

Tony

Staff member
Okay guys, I'm getting proactive on this as I think Randy was right, and it's coming from the ads. If you see the redirect, quickly hit the ESC key and stop the page. Copy the link and paste it here. I can not stress this enough, and I'm sure you guys already know, but DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS THAT ARE POSTED IN THIS THREAD!!! Once you post the link, I will add it to the list of blocked sites on the ads an hopefully we can do away with this.

If all goes the way it should, Google will find the fault and correct it. Soon I hope.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Happened to me when I was right clicking on a page number in helicopter 450 size and clicking open in a new tab..

Also in Rc help lounge

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
It was my work laptop so I had a bigger freak out!! Lol

In my company our server actually got infected couple of days ago and we are getting bogus emails.. So I thought it was just an aftermath if that.

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

RandyDSok

While the ad's are certainly a very likely source... I'd still not discount the possibility that it may be a single theme that was altered...

It may help if those that see the exploit pop up... to also post which theme they are using just to see if there is some connection or not.

I've not yet seen it myself at this time and of course I'll post if something changes on that... I'm using the Green theme

Derek

Until today, I have not had an issue with it. Just now, I was redirected to the Adult Friend Finder that you were talking about.

I clicked on "What's New" and I saw "Unique Build Video"....I clicked on it and I was redirected.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Okay, so just with the little posted, we know it's not really theme related. I'm using the fire theme.

To find out your theme, scroll down to the very bottom of the forum and on the left hand side you will see "black, red, green, purple, blue, fire, default" and so on. Just give us the name of that theme.

If I could guys, I would pull the ads entirely to do away with this issue. Unfortunately I can't do that as of yet. If this issue persists, I will be making some drastic changes with the forum and how everything is loaded. Unfortunately this may come down to a single theme that is basic to keep everything clean. In due time, I will put up other themes, but not immediately.

And I was just like you guys thinking that it was my computer until it happened on more than one. Then I was thinking it was something that hacked it's way into the sever. But it's happening on different pages. Now, I think Randy is spot on with it being an ad. Hell, maybe I'm going to have to remove them and just pay for this site out of pocket. What sucks about that is, if I don't have the money for the server, the site goes away, perminantly.

Tony

Staff member
Alright, well I have been doing some massive cleaning of some old files that were left on the server from past "explorations" that we did here on the forum. I have also cleaned up the database a LOT and removed all of hte crap that was on there.

with that, I have also been working on the ads trying to redo them to get rid of this crap is that is in fact the cause. Since I woke up at 1830 my time, I have not gotten a single redirect. If any of you get one, POST IT UP! I don't care if I have to completely wipe the ads off the forum and start from scratch with them, I'm going to take care of this issue.

I greatly apologize to anyone that has had this issue. I sincerely hope you were alone when they popped up and just know that I"m doing everything in my power to get rid of them.

And Randy, I just wanted to state something that may be of confusion. The ads and the themes are separate. There is only one place to put the ads in, and they are displayed by default on every page and theme automatically. So if it is in fact the ads, it will be across the whole board and not confined to one area. I really wish it was just one area or theme because I could track this crap down very easily.

Thanks for understanding. I will not stop until they are gone.

xokia

Dude major issues right now
DO NOT CLICK THE LINK
Link removed and blocked by Tony
Trying to get to the newb section and nothing but getting directed to adult friend finder.
Good thing this happened at home and not work

Top Bottom