Forum Might Go Down

Tony

Staff member
I just wanted to inform everyone that the forum may go down this weekend if I can get the access that I requested. I'm trying to clean up the server to make the forum a little faster (there is a lag that is pissing me off) and I found more than one file and folder that I can not do anything with. I can thank the host that I just left for this. He jacked with so much stuff that I may have to completely rebuild the server to correct everything.

If I have to rebuild the server, then the site will be down for a couple days. However I'm hoping that I can have it back up much quicker than that. But as you saw with the server move over the new year, the worst can happen. But I want the fastest website out there. And the only way to do that is to clean it up, adn to do that, I may have to delete everything.

I hope you understand. If the site goes down and you need any help, you can always find us on Facebook (http://facebook.com/rchelp). Just like us on there and post up your question. Make sure to bookmark that page (if you don't use facebook, but want to contact us if/when we go down).

Post up any questions you have. I'm sure it will be a bit before I get the access to the backend of the sever that I need.

Graham Lawrie

Hi Tony, I am not seeing any issues in Scotland, no lag no delay, it runs like every other web site?? As well as FB, we can all still log on to Phoenix for flying fun if everyone looks out for, as Marius suggested: RCH PW=Tony

What do you think?

Tony

Staff member
Phoenix has nothing to do with the forum going down. Not sure what you were meaning by that.

As for the forum going down, I'm still trying to get some things worked out. Right now it's 1650 here and if it goes down, it will be around 0000 hours my time or so. I may get busy with other things around the house though.

Graham Lawrie

Hi Tony, Just meaning we can still all meet up for a wee session on Phoenix. Letting everyone know to look out on Phoenix for RCH session, befor system goes down:)

Tony

Staff member
Hey everyone, in light of the redirects that this site is experiencing, I'm bringing this thread back to life. I will be doing a lot of work on the server tonight trying to clean things up and remove this redirect issue that we are having. I do apologize to those that are on the forum when it goes down, but I would rather the forum go down than have another one of these popup's come back and embarrass the forum more.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Tony

Staff member
Just cleaned up the database and we are back where we should be there. Now, it's onto the files... As stated, if the forum goes down, it will be up again shortly, I hope lol.

Tony

Staff member
Just checked some stats for the site, and I may have to block China from accessing the forum. I'm getting killed on bandwidth with them trying to hack into the site. those of you in China, I do apologize, but I won't put up with my members receiving spam from spammers in China.

Tony

Staff member
I'm out of options. The forum will be shutting down for a while tonight while I wipe everything off of the server and start over.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Sam. It wont take me long to wipe the server and recreate the forum. However, a LOT of the things I have on the site, like the store, will go away for a while. I'm not sure if I will ever put the store back up though.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
That's up to you bro. You really haven't had anything for sale there anyways. People that want RCH merchandise just talk to you and get it anyways. It's just the new people that won't know you have that stuff for sale. I would think you can figure out a way to get the trainer plans someplace for downloading. Since there seams to be an interest there. Still though I think there is a market for the RCH t shirts and decales.

Tony

Staff member
I have tried to sell the shirts and decals, and they are more trouble than they are worth. Had them on the store for months and only sold a couple. So I pulled them and they are in a box in the closet to never be seen again. I'm sure the mice have gotten to them and I'm out hundreds. Oh well, just another failed venture. But as of this time, there are NO shirts and NO decals or anything else for sale. I just dont' have the time to do it nor do I have the money to remake everything.

Tony

Staff member
Zippy, if there was an easy way to do this, I would. However, I have put all of the banned IP's back in place hoping that will stop most of them. Unfortunately, it will also stop new members that justhappen to have the same UP.

Top Bottom