Forum Alias Origin

Admiral

Just wondering where peoples Forum Aliases come from?

Mine ADMIRAL was given to me by the other kids in primary school because of my surname NELSON, back in the days when kids learned history and we studied "Lord Admiral Nelson". The name stuck with me through secondary school but I lost it fore a while when I left school and started work, it wasn't cool to use nicknames in the banking circles. I left the bank and went into construction in the the mid 70's about the time CB radios became popular in Australia and used Admiral as my CB Handle, when I started on forums it seemed only natural to revert to Admiral as a forum alias.

How did you derive your Forum Name??

callsign4223

Staff member
In 95 when my dad first got AOL he asked me what I wanted my screen name to be. My 12 year old self had just finished watching Top Gun and thought it was the coolest movie ever. I didn't understand that Maverick and Goose WERE the callsigns, so I told him I wanted to be callsign. It has followed me everywhere since.

murankar

Staff member
I have had a few nicknames over the years. Catfish, Tommy (as in Tommy Pickles from rugrats) and URI. I stuck with URI since it was the name given to me in Iraq back in 2003 and 2004. I was an avid Command and Conquer fan and still am I just don't play as much or ever. With my last name being Urankar just fit.

Top Bottom