For Tony.....

Admiral

Hi Trainrider06, I went down this path on a couple of early models and found the to get Braided Sleeving that would pass over the the servo plugs etc, it would not tighten as far as I wanted, so I started removing the plugs and re-installing them once I get the cables through, this only created extra failure points when wires moved in the plugs after re-installation. I ended up using Spiral Wrap http://www.cableorganizer.com/spiral-wrap/ it also has the advantage of being easy to remove for repairs etc.

IMG_1102 (Small).JPG

IMG_1102 (Small).JPG

Last edited:

trainrider06

Hi Keith, yes I also looked at those, but I will use this along with the sleeving...X-Treme® Tape Silicone Rubber Self Fusing Tape
I have used this before on a different application, and I tell ya, this stuff holds
and is durable! It's pliable, and will hold to itself when wrapped around
something...I plan on sliding the sleeving over the plug (because the sleeving
itself is pliable, then using the tape wrapping the ends.....I wil leave a bit to the wire
exposed so that the tape can adhere to that and the sleeve. I didn't want to remove the plugs either for the reasons you stated also. If that don't work, then I'll go to the wrap type.....lol besides I had already ordered the stuff...:)

Admiral

I used shrink wrap at the end of the braiding, I agree the Braiding looks neater than the Spiral Wrap but after a couple of months and crashes I found the Spiral Wrap more convenient.
Put some photos up and let us see the finished product when your done.

trainrider06

I used shrink wrap at the end of the braiding, I agree the Braiding looks neater than the Spiral Wrap but after a couple of months and crashes I found the Spiral Wrap more convenient.
Put some photos up and let us see the finished product when your done.
The wrap is in my opinion, probably gonna hold up a lot better than the braiding, and I would imagine in a crash too protecting the wire better. Myself I was thinking that the spiral wrap might better serve me as
a wrap for the battery wires, maybe even the servo wires along the inside of my frame, since I think they
Would hold up much better to chaffing, rubbing those type areas.
This particular application on mine is for just one little Sat wire that runs along the outside of the heli....purely cosmetic
Or a vanity issue....lol
Rodney
The way you have yours done looks great, and I see your thinking because I think you have multiple wires running through that particular wrap....a well planned idea I'd say because of the issues of maintainence, that would be much much easier to deal with in that configuration!

Last edited:
Top Bottom