Projects Foam trainer plans

westray

I downloaded and printed out the trainer plans. The datum marlks have come out at 41/2 inches,instead of 5 inches. Will the plane still be alright at this scale ?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
There is a printer setting that you have to change to get the marks right on. You'll have to wait till tonight for tony to get on to tell how though. I do not remember the setting.

Tony

Staff member
You have to remove page scaling for it to print at 5". However you can use the plans as they are, it will just be a bit smaller than the one I have in the videos. What I suggest (since every printer is different) is to only print the first page until you get to 5". Once you are there, then remember what settings you had and print out all of the pages. Can't wait to see it in the air.

westray

Thanks for your reply Tony. I got the proper plans ok. I was wondering,as I have a sheet of Depron,if I could build the trainer out of this?I would cover it with Kraft paper after building. Do you think I would have to put a carbon spar in the wing?

Tony

Staff member
Yes you can make it out of depron. It may actually make it lighter than the one made out of foam board. Just remember, Depron is more fragile than foam board. And yes, you will have to run a 4-6mm spar in the wing. Or I would anyway. And you won't need to cover it in craft paper, but it will add to the strength, but it will also add weight.

Top Bottom