General Foam board

Rodders600

Hi guys got a question for the UK guys anybody know were to get cheap foam board prices quoted £4 for an A1 size board seems rather steep when the guys in the USA paying a dollar a sheet any suggestions

Tony

Staff member
I'm hoping Lee will come in here, he knows where to get it. And yup, we are paying a dollar for a 20"x30" sheet.

Lee

I'm no help I'm afraid unless you want it from Spain. Never bought it in the UK.

Rodders600

A guy on you tube said he used Depron because it was the closest to dollar tree foam you could get in UK but I've hard it said Depron is really brittle is this right.Also is the grey Depron same as white as seen add that might mean it will be a little cheaper for me to use

Tony

Staff member
As far as I know, the color doesn't matter. But they are right, it's very brittle and you must use carbon spars when you use it. Foamboard has paper backing that helps give it its strength. I would use 6mm foam.

Derek

Also, wrapping/covering the depron with clear packing tape will help add a bit of strength. The added spars is where you will get most of your strength but in the event of a crash, the packing tape will help prevent the depron from exploding.

Lee

I actually prefer depron. It cuts better than foam board, but you do need carbon supports.

Rodders600

Thanks for all the information and help about foam board asked one or two web sites about their prices and shipping think leave it on the back burner for know but on low simmer !

Top Bottom