Other Flysky FS-T6 receiver not functioning correctly

markblue777

Hi all,
I have a flysky fs-t6 and I bought a new 6 channel receiver for it (I have a couple in other planes and quads). On binding it and then plugging everything in (esc, yaw, pitch and roll servo's) it seems to restart the receiver when i put inputs through and it is as if the esc reboots as it goes through it boot cycle.

I have plugged the esc into a servo tester and it runs and spins the motor as expected.

I am sure I had this issue before but I cannot remember what it was. With just the esc plugged in with the motor, when i give it throttle input the motor is just spinning at a constant speed as well. any ideas on what this could be?

Here is a video I took that may explain it a bit better

Cheers
Mark

Smoggie

The rebooting receiver issue looks like a 'brownout'.. This is caused by an inadequate power supply to the receiver so that when there is load from the servos the voltage drops too low and the receiver shuts down and reboots.

The solution is to get a better quality ESC that has a more powerful BEC, or alternatively add a separate external BEC.

A poor quality ESC may explain the motor problem too.

markblue777

Hi Smoggie,
Thanks for the reply. Maybe the ESC is a dodgy one then, I have a 30 amp that I can plug in to test with at home and see what is going on. I will update when I get to give it a try tonight.
Thanks
Mark

markblue777

Just a little more info. I have tested with a 2s and 3s lipo 1000mah. It is running 2 5g digital servos (tail and rudder) and 2 9g analogue servos (ailerons) .
Thanks
Mark

Tony

Staff member
I agree, I don't think the ESC's BEC is putting out enough power to the Rx to power everything. Usually a single 3a ESC is enough to power what you have, I'm thinking yours may be weak. If you have another one laying around, plug it up and see how it goes.

markblue777

Yeah the one i have connected is a 12 amp so should be plenty there. I will try with another i have at home and fingers crossed that is whats causing it so its a nice easy fix and I can maiden the plane this weekend.
Cheers
Mark

Tony

Staff member
Just for clarification, the 12a is going to be for the ESC. The 3a that I'm referring to is the BEC within the ESC. It's the amount of power that can be used to power the receiver and all servos.

markblue777

Doing some research and it could be you are right. the servos can use upto 500mah from the looks of it so it would soon strip pass that 1A given by the ESC. Will try with the 30A ESC tonight as that has a 3A bec i believe.
Cheers
Mark

markblue777

Tried it with a 30 amp esc I had that has a 3A BEC and it all worked.

Also found out that a 12A esc with 1A BEC will not power 2 9g servos.

Cheers
Mark

Smoggie

Good that it's sorted. A 3A 'linear' BEC is probably enough for what you have but be aware that they can only deliver 3A when powered from a 2S battery, the rating drops rapidly if you connect a 3S or 4S battery. By far the better type of BEC is a 'switching' BEC usually they are rated for 5A plus and they maintain their rating even when connected to higher voltage batteries.

Top Bottom