600 Flymentor set up for Heli 600 Dx9

Jas777

After hearing about flymentor I decided I would get one and give it a go, not realising the work that was before me. initial installation was easy. Wiring was fairly straight forward. However it has taken me two weeks and nearly getting to the point of never using it until... Reading several posts from fellow Rc guys and you tubes I now have a functioning 600 well at least it works on the ground. With help from my son we overcame the software issues then proceeded to set it up. What I am about to tell you could have same me hours of work. With Dx9 set the gyro/gear three position switch D. with Normal 25% P1- 70 P2 -80(may alter this) This sets up the Tx for setting balance/normal mode or off. Off is where you want to make adjustments in helipal. plug in the wires leaving blue wire out. in Advance set gain to 50% this sets fm off. go in to servo and level. Remember to do one thing at a time, saving as you go. I was able to set servos at 90' level the swash and set servo and control directions. Once this was set I reset gain back to 70 and pressed save. I unplugged the green wire and installed back the blue and bingo the normal mode on switch b is off(solid red light) position 1 flashing green as with 2. when I hole the heli off the ground it goes solid green, thus indicating it works. all this time I hade the blades off with Esc disconnected. I am going to cable tie heli to lazy suzan and power up to make sure the gyro and tail are working in the direction it should be. I must have read the info at least 10 times until it sunk in. recapping- set balance gain to 50% do not install blue wire. set servo center in the servo tab remembering to save as you go. I made small adjustments saving each one. it soon told me I was going the right way. I did elevator first, aileron then pitch last. I reset the balance to 70, re installed blue wire which enables tx to control position mode or turn it off. I intend to hover the flick the position switch. I am confident that this will lead to success. I am still working on travel adj but lastly 0 trims. ill post how it goes at a later stage. I would like to thank(too many to mention) all the folks who have contributed to getting this sorted thus far.:welcome1::chickendance:

Jas777

Thanks, further info centring servos are best done as close as you can but in real practice the heli will find its way according to the heli, eg weight, cg ... I am about to charge the lipo and find this balance. After this then I will flick the balance switch. its like the first time I hit idle up. Knowing it should work but waiting for it to do its thing. One more important note. When going back into the software, load the cgi file that you saved. this will restore your settings otherwise you have to do it all again. Whilst I can say I'm not an expert on flymentor I'm happy to assist what iv'e discovered to help someone else.

Top Bottom