Flying At The Park...then I Crashed :(.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
This morning I had to get my device calibrated and brought my 450 DFC with me. On the way home I stop at the park to fly a few batteries. 1:57 into the flight I had dumb thumbs or wasn't thinking and almost body slam the heli into the ground :banghead: I kept on flying til the end of my flight when the heli sounded like the motor pinion was spinning on my main gear. I ended up crashing but with no damage :dunno:Ended up to be that my motor came loose during the flight just enough to spin the main gear slowly :dejection: Oh well, back to the operating table :waa:

Admiral

Sounds like you may have the same issue that I do, I fly come home and put the helicopter on the shelf. Next time I fly I do cursory checks, controls blades , head and tail but only go fully over the helicopter after a major issue which may not have happened if I did it more regularly. The last one was a pitch slider coming apart, I got it down in one piece but only just, I should have picked that up earlier.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
OK. I just finished putting the 450 back together again. It's been awhile since I took the heli apart and re-grease and re-threadlock everything. Of course I had to install a new main gear and a aluminum motor pinion gear. I also took the screws that holds the motor on off and added thread lock. The aluminum pinion gear seem worn to me. Either way, I replaced it. It's to dark to try the heli out but tomorrow is another day. I'll just go out back and try it out in the morning. It all should be fine...will see :).

Admiral

My problem is I used to crash that often that maintenance was always up to date now I don't maintenance falls behind. LOL

Top Bottom