General Flybarless question

treff

Sorry for what is probably a stupid question but do you need a tail gyro when using something like the beastx system on the heli.
Thanks for any replies. Cheers

Slobberdog

Nah Treff you only need the fly bar less controller, the beastx and others are 3 axis gyros so they look after aileron elevator and the tail.

treff

Thanks for that Kev. I was tempted to buy a Spartan Quark the 2 assan ga250's both have developed faults but I want to go flybarless so will save money for beastX system ready for a new heli.
When I can hover tail, side and front I will be spending some cash on a new heli. No point until then because I just keep crashing LOL. Cheers

Slobberdog

You say beastx I was tempted by that as well but as the AR7200BX, but after all said and done the 3gx that I have at the moment is rock solid, and man they are selling reasonably cheap at the moment as people are dissing them so much, Tony has his nearly as solid as his bx and is getting it this way on a clone platform, might be food for thought to look on bmfa for a cheap one and get a 35 quid dfc head and a dfc shaft and convert one of yours.

Tony

Staff member
As stated, the beastX, 3GX, Ikon and all other 3 axis gyros have the tail gyro built in. 3 axis is X Y Z axis, or flip, roll, and yaw. Your Yaw is the rudder. So all that is needed is the one gyro.

As Kev stated, I have my 3GX just stupid stable right now, and yes, it's on an HK clone. All of my issues were in the head, not the gyro. I may get a DFC head kit and call it done with some Align 3G flybarless blades.

I have the AR7200BX as well on the nitro, and that thing is planted at factory stock settings. But, dollar for dollar (quid for quid lol), you can't beat teh 3GX if you take the time to set it up correctly. You just have to remember one thing, the 3GX HATES sitting on the ground running. Mine on the ground looks like it's having a seizure, but once in the air, it's almost hands off. If you have a slow spool up, and put it in the air while it's spooling up, it's as solid as a rock. Then, just hit throttle hold about 4" above the ground and let it drop to land. I'm havign great luck with this 3GX. Hoping to get some videos shot tonight on the new series.

treff

Thanks for that Tony and Slobberdog. Lots of food for thought. Now back to my cheapo and hover practice.

Tony

Staff member
Depending on the price, I may be interested. But just know I'm not wanting to dump anymore money into the clone, so it's going to have to be cheap. PM me if you are still interested.

john2012

Banned
well tony on you 450 pro dfc v2 build you did mention about the tail rotor control linkage now can you tell me how you got at it to the correct lengh the book said 330mm how did you come to what did you use

Tony

Staff member
I setup my tail servo so that it was 90º to the link. You will need to try different positions of the arm to get this setting. Once that was done, I installed the linkage and looked at the tail blades. They should have a little bit of right thrust to them (nose right). Once that is one, all you can do is take it out side and test it in HH mode. You can also set it up in rate mode. Adjust the linkage in Rate mode in the head speed that you are going to be flying in (usually 75%) and adjust the linkage until the helicopter holds steady at that speed. Once that is done, flip back into HH mode and it should be perfect. You just need to get it outside and fine tune it. I can only give pointers, every helicopter is going to be different.

PaulRC

Sorry for what is probably a stupid question but do you need a tail gyro when using something like the beastx system on the heli.
Thanks for any replies. Cheers

The microbeast controller, controls almost everything in your heli. It can handle a single line receiver (sat only setup) it controls your tail servo and cyclic servo. The controller does all the mixing.

john2012

Banned
hey am i right in saying that im still going to need to also do the gov on my 3gx heli 450 pro is this right

- - - Updated - - -

im also waiting on 2 shorter cables for my 2 remote recievers they will be here at my door wed before the end of the day ordered them this morning

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you must do the Gov setup. I will have a video of this uploaded sometime shortly.

Edit: I'm uploading the video now. Should be done in about an hour or so.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
you dont need the governor on a 450 size bird with 3S battery, but yes you will need to do Gov setup for calibrating throttle points.

Top Bottom