Flybarless Newbe

Carlnkids

Hi everyone,
I'm 62 and still flying. Airplanes for 35 years and heli's for 6, sport only. A friend at our club set up my 600 nitro and my century gasser when I started, still flying them today.
I now bought a 600 electric dominator and am trying to set it up with a Micro Beast ar7210 and a new DX9.
Now I'm wishing I had payed more attention back when my friend was here to help. I'm sure I'll get it. Hopefully! If you use the Realflight Simulator you can see the field I fly at
SCCMAS Santa Clara County Aircraft Skypark. There mostly airplane so not much help with Heli's

Thanks
Carl

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to RCH! That 600 is one of the helicopters that I want. As for the setup of the BX and DX9, not a problem. We have some great people here that can walk you through all of it. If you have not watched my AR7200BX setup videos (same program, just includes the Rx within the gyro), have a watch. Also, watch my DX9 videos if you have not done so already. They are all linked below.

AR7200BX Videos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLabJwbJaz4QusDM8Ohz6XQ_jkwFUw-1QE

DX9 Videos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLabJwbJaz4QumvDs7L-u-xeN4ty6Hndzc

And as always, if you have any questions, all you have to do is ask.

:welcome1:

Smoggie

I have a similar 600 and a similar transmitter but I can't help very much with the AR7210 as that's one FBL I've never used. I'm sure others here will be able to help though.

Where have you got to with the setup?

I have the same issue. I upgraded from AR7200BX and AR7210BX and they are basicly the same setup BUT please help with SAFE setup. I know how to select the SAFE feature I want but how do I set it up on my DX7s???

Tony

Staff member
If anyone is willing to allow me to borrow one of these gyros, I will do a setup video on it. I don't have one or I would have already had the video done. I just don't have $210 to spend on one right now let alone a helicopter to put it on permanently. But I will have a helicopter down in BR with me so I can set it up on there if I have one and/or if I have the time to do so. Which I should on the weekends.

trainrider06

I have the same issue. I upgraded from AR7200BX and AR7210BX and they are basicly the same setup BUT please help with SAFE setup. I know how to select the SAFE feature I want but how do I set it up on my DX7s???
Hi Christopher you may get a quicker answer posting in the Specktrum TX section, and if you have time post up a hello in the new members thread yourself, tell us a bit about yourself! As far as your question, did you check the Horizion Hobby or Spektrum web site itself? I think they provide radio setups you can either download or copy the setup for your particular radio and that particular controller.
I'll see if I can find it also for ya.

Tony

Staff member
Holy crap, I didn't know that (been out of it for a while lol). Over $300 just for a gyro.. I guess if you are trying to protect a $1500 helicopter and you are a new pilot, it's worth it, but wow that is a lot of money. I love BX, but for that kind of price, I think I would stick with Ikon for their SL. And they are coming out with an update that makes it even better.

But even with that said, if I can get my hands on a BX with SAFE, I will still do a video series on it.

Smoggie

I know I've made this point before and it's probably getting very boring by now... but I hate the policy of selling those FBL controllers with the biggest selling point feature (self level/rescue) deliberately disabled, then asking you to pay a lot more to turn the features on. Not only is does it make the controllers expensive but it's very 'sneaky' because they tend to be less than open about the need for, and cost of, the upgrades. The additional price is always hidden away in fine print. For me the likes of the ikon or Spirit are better value options and sold in a more honest way. They are cheaper to buy in the first plause PLUS they have self level and rescue available right out of the box.

Each to their own of course.

trainrider06

I gotta agree there Steve! That Spirit Pro on my 500 is rock solid! When I first took that heli up after getting the Spirit set up, I was just letting it sit there hovering, one of the guys commented how stable the heli was sitting there hovering, banked her right and took off, and she flew locked in and solid!

Top Bottom