500 Flybarless Controllers with "Stability Mode" (not Auto Leveling)

WalTilSr

Hello,
I am a new RC helicopter pilot and would like to find a flybarless controller to install on my Align Trex 500. The helicopter is already set up for flybarless operation but does not have a flybarless controller. I have purchased an MSH Brain 2, but found out it only has a self leveling and rescue function. Can anyone recommend a flybarless controller that has a built in "Stability Mode" that will help a new helicpter pilot? I can hover my flybared 500 great but get disoriented when flying. I have a Blade 230 that has a stability mode that I can fly very well. Thanks to all for any help.
Regards, Walt

Smoggie

Stability mode and self levelling are the same thing. The self levelling mode of the Brain is similar to the SAFE mode of the 230S

Last edited:

WalTilSr

Thanks Smoggie, I really appreciate your input. The last time I tried flying with the Brain 2 it just didn't seem stable at all. Ill go back and make sure I have it setup correctly. I did notice a difference between the MSH Brain 2 and the IKON Brain 2. The IKON has a section where you have to level the helicopter and click on the level setting tab to get auto leveling. The MSH Brain 2 does not have that tab.
Thanks again, Walt

Admiral

Hi WalTilSr, suggest that you make sure your software & firmware is up to date. the leveling tab disappeared from the software when version 2 was released, the FBL unit now calculates level for itself. I believe vibration can cause drift but haven't experienced it myself.

Smoggie

Ikon2 and MSH Brain2 are 100% identical. they use the very some PC software. Only difference is the plastic case colour.

Top Bottom