450 flybar weights

Slobberdog

All, I am in the process of putting together a trex 450 se v2 am am wondering how much
easier this bird would be to fly with flybar weights, or would it be better to leave it without.

Am going to be using a dx6i with it, so also have the ability to use expo,

Tony

Staff member
I highly suggest expo, about 35% to start out with a DR of 70%. That will tame this thing down a LOT.

As for the weights, the sport v2 is a great platform the way it is and was designed for those just getting into the ccpm world. I would try it without the weights since the paddles should be weighted. The more weight you put at the end of the flybar, the more sluggish the heli will be. But, this is good for a beginner. However, I still suggest to just keep the heli stock and try it first. If you think you need to add weights, do it starting near the flybar cage and move them out 1/2" at a time and try it again. My $0.02

Slobberdog

thanks Tony, I am a beginner to the 450 so advice is always welcome, just you read so many things its nice to get advice straight from people,

Kev

Tony

Staff member
I understand completely. If there is anything else that we can do to help, all you have to do is ask.

Lee

I tried with weights on and weights off. Didn't really notice much difference. As Tony said you can get the feeling you want with Expo and DR.

glov351

as a beginner i found that flybar with weights help for a smoother control and as you get better at flying you can slide the weight closer to the cage for more response and then latter remove them all together.
and then the use of expo could be set very low for better control just my 2c

Top Bottom