Prop Fliton Rogue 3D Bipe, Or Fliton Edge 540 Mini?

Tony

Staff member
I'm trying to figure out what plane to build next. I have two fliton kits, and you have seen pics of them that need to be put together. The first is the Rogue 3D Bipe. I love Bi-Planes and have wanted to get this one in the air for a long time. Well since I purchased it from Louis. It has about a 30" wing on it and is as light as they come. It also has a very skinny fuse on it compared to the Extra or the Edge.

The other plane is a 40" Edge 540. It's almost exactly like my Extra in size, but this one is orange and white, and the leading edge of the wing is metallic purple. Both planes will take the same gear to get in the air, and they will both be swinging an 11x5.5" prop. I already have an Edge 540, but this one is hanging on the wall in front of me just begging me lol. But the Bipe is next to it doing the same thing.

So what are your opinions? The Bipe, or the Edge? I may just say the heck with it and do them both at the same time and just order two of everything. However, the Edge will need some landing gears made since it didn't come with them. It will also need axles and all of the control horns as well. Both planes will be a blast to fly, both can 3D and hover (or prop hang, whatever you want to call it), and I'm sure both will be fun to build. The Bipe may take a little more time to setup, and I still need to find out what size battery to use on it. Teh Edge is going to be a 2200 3s, I know that. I'm thinking the Bipe may want something smaller even though the 2200 will fit in it.

Let me know your opinions guys. I need to get something going on this.

IMG_5043.jpgIMG_5042.jpgIMG_5041.jpgIMG_5040.jpgIMG_5039.jpgIMG_5038.jpgIMG_5037.jpgIMG_5036.jpgIMG_5034.jpgIMG_5033.jpgIMG_5032.jpgIMG_5031.jpgIMG_5030.jpgIMG_5029.jpgIMG_5028.jpg

IMG_5043.jpg

IMG_5042.jpg

IMG_5041.jpg

IMG_5040.jpg

IMG_5039.jpg

IMG_5038.jpg

IMG_5037.jpg

IMG_5036.jpg

IMG_5034.jpg

IMG_5033.jpg

IMG_5032.jpg

IMG_5031.jpg

IMG_5030.jpg

IMG_5029.jpg

IMG_5028.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Re: Rogue 3D Bipe, Or Edge 540?

I just molested it with RCH decals about 5 minutes ago lmao. The Bipe is the one I'm really interested in flying. But, as everyone knows, I love my Edge 540T so I know I will love the Edge 540 Mini.

Tony

Staff member

Okay, two motors, two ESC's, 12 control horns (aluminum), 8 digital servos, 6 wheels, 4 axles, 10 different extensions (5 150mm and 5 300mm), 8 4.1mm wheel collars, 4 1.6mm collars, and it all totals about $135. I think I'm going to be putting them both in the air at the same time. What do you think? I will have to get out the aluminum, grinder and break and make some landing gears for the Edge, but I think this is going to happen.

I want your opinions. If I do this, I will have 4 planes that I will never get a chance to fly hahahaha

Tony

Staff member

Okay, add two 11x5.5" APC props, 16 .47" EZ links, 12 .47" EZ connectors, and I now have all of the parts needed to get both planes in the air! Grand total of $170.78. That is $85.39 for each plane. I paid $50 for each plane, so each plane is now worth $135.39. I think I did pretty well on that. I did spend a little more on the servos though. My Extra 260 has the blue SG90's all the way around, but I decided to go with the digital EXI D113F plastic gear servos on both of these planes. Why not metal gear you ask? Because I'm wanting to keep the weight down, but most importantly, they were out of the D213F servos lmao. IT's the same servo, just plastic gears instead of metal. They are cheaper as well. $6.90 vs $7.70. Not much, but enough to add up. I think they will do fine. If I crash, I will be worrying about more than the servo gears lol.

I guess I better get to gluing the control surfaces together, and getting the tail feathers epoxied on. Can't wait to maiden these!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

Go for it man! I made all my own custom lenth servo wires though. All heavy duty ones. It's not hard to do. Cost you about $16 for the tool. No soldering involves. You can get enought wire and what ever ends you need. Male or female. Plus adapters. I bought the universal one that fit both fataba and jr. Cost me about $30 bucks for about 100 ft of wire and ends.

Tony

Staff member

Well, these 10 extensions were only $4, I can't complain about that. And I went for it. Just spent $170 on everything but the landing gears for the Edge. I will just make those out of aluminum and bend them myself. If that doesn't work, I will make a mold and create them out of fiberglass. I guess I could always hand launch it, and catch it in a hover when the time is up lmao.

Tony

Staff member

Well, I'm trying to find the time to epoxy the tail feathers on, and glue all of the CA hinges, but it's not there. The Bipe is sitting behind me and the Edge is sitting in the bedroom. because of what happened to the Extra260's Aileron, I will be replacing the stock CA hinges with some thicker stuff I purchased at the LHS. I'm still trying to decide if I want to use full metal linkage rods, or if I want to use carbon fiber spars like they do in the kits. What are your suggestions?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

Depends on how much pounds you pushing through the rods. I'm using metal on the f7f but all those servos are high torqu and high inch pounds servos.

Top Bottom