Prop Fliton Extra 260 Mini, The Re-Birth

Tony

Staff member
Since the last thread, this plane has only been in the air twice, but on the same battery charge. We stopped in the middle of the flight to check the motor temp because I was worried about it over heating. The good thing is, it was only warm and has more than enough power. Louis was the one that maidened this plain since he had one and knew what to expect out of it.

Since that day, it has been hanging from the ceiling and collecting dust. And wow what an amount it did collect lmao. I started looking it over, and noticed two of the four CA hinges were broke on teh right aileron, and while moving the aileron, another one broke. I'm glad this happened in my hand, and not in the air. So I cut some more slots, and glued in new CA hinges.

The plane flew it's maiden with an OrangeRx. Well, I really don't want to trust this plane with that Rx, so I stuck in the AR6115e that came with the DX8 just for security. I don't plan on flying this more than a couple hundred yards from me, so all is well with the signal.

After spending about an hour setting up the Tx, getting all of the control surfaces centered, and setting 3 different D/R and Expo points, she is ready for the air once again. However, I have no where to take off with this thing since it only has 1 1/4" wheels on it. My field is just way too rough for something that small. 6" maybe, 1.25, not so much.

When I find a place to put this one in the air, I will do my best to get it on video.

talberter

Re: Extra 260 Mini, The Re-Birth

Tony, I'll meet you there some time and you can fly as my guest (4) times. I suspect than any member that would be there at the time would also do this for you........

Tony

Staff member

TJ, I do appriciate that. Although I do have an issue with the club and how it's run, I can just use the club for what it is, a place to fly. If I do join back up (and I'm thinking about it), I doubt I will be at any of the meetings. I do miss the comrodery out there though. Just sitting around BS'ing with each other and watching others fly. Who knows, I may just have to join up before too long.

Tony

Staff member

Who is the secretary now at the club? Send me their phone number in a PM so I can contact them. Once I sell this truck, I think I will just bite the bullet, let bygones be bygones and renew my membership with the club. The more I think about it, the more I miss flying with you guys.

RandyDSok

Tony,

As required by AMA.... you'll need to fill out this years membership form so first the page where you can download that from is here flyCORCS.com » How to Join

Contact info page is here flyCORCS.com » Contact Us ... Jerry Church, the treasurer, is who you actually need to talk with about it... Club secretaries mostly just take the meetings minutes, send out club emails, and also in this case, update the website from time to time

Top Bottom