General Flight School

Matt

Thing cool for this site would be a flight school.. something that says do this then do that.. as far as I go I’ve learned to

1. Hover tail in
2. Hover side in
3. Hover nose in

Now I’m trying some backflips

Would like to know if there is a suggested progression as far as how to be better at flying..

Something that says next try this.. like try hover inverted.. etc..

Something that says now you’ve mastered hovering now that next natural progression would be to try hovering inverted.. etc..

Some of it is relative.. but you’ve guys help me out so much over the last 9 months so now I’m picking your brains to accomplish what I really want to do and how I really want to progress

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Tony does have a series on how to fly.

The first steps are taking off and hovering. Hovering in all orientations up right. Landing and take offs in all orientations is going to be tricky at first. But you should have some experience in this arena in case stuff goes wrong .

I don't want to take away from tony's effort but there are a couple other proficiency programs out there. IRCHA has one and RC Heli Nation has one. The RCHN version is a modified IRCHA map an for is going to be difficult to find it. I do have the PDF of it somewhere. If Tony wants I can send him the files to up load.

IRCHA designed theirs to be done with a certified pilot. The trainer has to be validated and tested on the level they are teaching. That way when you sign off and test your now IRCHA certified for that level.

RCHN did theirs to be community baised so that you can be signed off by anybody. If no one is around then you can post a video of the maneuver being done. If the viewer feels its correct they can give you permission to sign off.

You will get from it what you put into it.

Top Bottom